tool change macro

This is where you talk about Macros, show examples of your macro scripting and SHARE handy segments of script code as examples.

tool change macro

Postby wassupcrew » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:42 pm

having recently changed from mach3, i am trying to get a working semi auto toolchange macro. in mach3, i set zero on the part and then pressed my toolchange button and the machine would go to my fixed probe position, probe twice and then return to the part zero. upon a tool change the machine would go to my toolchange position and wait for me to change tools then i would press the toolchange button and it would probe the new tool and update the zposition. i would like to have something similar in uccnc. the current m31 i am using does exactly what i want apart from it doesn't update the tool offset box in the offset screen. can anybody help with this please. attached are my script from mach3 and my m31 from uccnc. Thanks all
Attachments
M31.txt
(2.14 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
M6 End.txt
(473 Bytes) Downloaded 383 times
M6 Start.txt
(167 Bytes) Downloaded 368 times
toolchange.txt
(2.35 KiB) Downloaded 395 times
wassupcrew

Re: tool change macro

Postby SpeedyE46 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:16 pm

Hi there.

I am in the exact same situation. In Mach3 I zero Z with a touch probe (Tool 0), then move to a fixed length sensor to set Z offset, then change to tool 1 and use the lenght sensor to update Z offset for the new tool.

That was very well working and I wish I could have this workflow in UCCNC.

Is there any plugin that would do that?

Cheers
Speedy
SpeedyE46

Return to Macros