Ext. E-Stop triggered

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: Ext. E-Stop triggered

Postby CT63 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:32 pm

I agree grounding issues or improperly grounding are mostly overlooked when chasing problems.
CT63

Postby Mudden » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:44 am

So we have now turned everything connected to the AXBBE-controller off, only the UCCNC-PC and the power to the controller is ON.
We let the CNC-machine stands still in "idle". But we get, after about ten hours or so, on all the machines with the same kind of computers, an "Ext. E-stop triggerered".

We will try to change one of the computers to another PC to see if that helps.
As I,ve state earlier, we have six UCCNC-controlled production units. Three of them is working properly. How do you come to the conclustion that the grounding could be wrong? We dont use the "E-stop-input" still we get ext. e-stop triggered on three of the systems with the same type of PC.

We can also trigger the "Ext. E-Stop Triggered" from the PC by creating a dump-file from the task manager on the UCCNC-process. Why do we get "Ext-E-Stop" when we create dump file???
Mudden

Postby Mudden » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:16 am

Update!
We have found the solution to this problem!

We swapped the computer to another one and has now run the UCCNC and AXBB-E controller for 14 days (24-7) without a single "Ext. E-Stop triggered" alarm!

For some reason the brand new desktop HP-computer we've initially chose to run UCCNC on does not work properly with the UCCNC / AXBB-E for any longer than a couple of hours (about 10 hours production), then from random, it is triggering the alarm.
However we do not know the root cause why the alarm triggers. We just simply replaced the computer to another one, with similar spec. They have the same RAM, both
is Win 10 machines, both with intel i5 processors, the faulty computer is about 8 years newer though.

Something in the new HP-computer configuration is for some reason triggering an "External E-Stop triggered"-alarm. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with our wired e-stop, limit switches, other I/O inputs, or grounding. I can only assume that the the developers of the software somehow should be able to see what conditions that needs to be fulfilled to trigger the alarm, maybe it's something with the process freezing or ethernet-problems (speculating).
Mudden

Postby cncdrive » Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:57 pm

It could be network card drivers problems or video card drivers problem in my opinion.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Hammerle5 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:21 pm

I'm having this issue also with my windows 7. Does UCCNC function more efficiently with a different OS.

Computer specs
3.07Ghz processor Xeon w3550
8G of ram
NVIDIA Quadro FX4800 driver version 21.21.13.4200

Should this be adequate
Hammerle5

Postby cncdrive » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:56 pm

UCCNC works fine on Windows 7 and also on Windows 10 and 11.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Ask a question from support here