Charge Pump Relay

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Charge Pump Relay

Postby P_Pav » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:22 pm

OK I'm trying to setup the charge pump using a UC300ETH ---> UCBB ---> 24v or 5v relay which when active/high/on completes the Estop circuit to switch the main realy/contactor which supplies power to the power supply for my stepper drivers .

The charge pump (Charge P. 1) is set to pin 1/port 2 and when the reset button is pressed the led on the UCBB for pin 1 lights up. If I put my multi-meter across pin 1 (O1) and the 5v rail i get 4.98v, on the 24v rail I get 22.8v/23.0v. I understand the charge pump is a pulse at 12.5KHz so the voltage won't be the full 5v or 24v hence the value on the multi-meter.

My problem is that the relays, I've tried both 5v and 24v relay coils, aren't switching. I assumed the the 24v relay might not switch as it's not giving out the full 24v, the 5v relay isn't switching either. I've tested both relays on a power supply to see if they were faulty but they both work perfectly well.

Am I missing something with regards to switching/activating the relay(s)? Is there some device to go between the charge pump signal and the relay or am I not understanding the concept?
P_Pav

Re: Charge Pump Relay

Postby P_Pav » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:46 am

I should add that the relays work fine if I assign the dir pin for any motor to the same pin going to the relay coil. Obviously I only used this to test the board's capability to switch relays.
P_Pav

Re: Charge Pump Relay

Postby cncdrive » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:02 pm

Your question have been answered in email, because you also emailed us your issue.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Ask a question from support here