Implementing new namespace

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Implementing new namespace

Postby Pulcik » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:07 am

Hi CNCdrive,

I have a question. Would it be possible to implement macro visibility for namespace: System.Drawing.Drawing2D?
I am doing new screen set and I would like to make WinForms blend a bit to the UI design I am creating.

Cheers,
Martin
Pulcik

Re: Implementing new namespace

Postby cncdrive » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:46 am

Hi,

Currently you cannot include additional namespaces into macros, sorry.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Pulcik » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:13 am

Hi CNCDrive,

I know I am not able to. That is why I am asking, if that will be possible to expand the macro visibility for even that namespace in next update, as it is probably just a few lines of code for you and it will help me to make something really nice as I am changing even the WinForms for that screen. I don't need the ability to include additional namespace. I just would like to use that particular namespace which is already part of the library you are using.
But seems like, it is not :D .

Thank you anyway.
Pulcik

Postby kig23 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:11 pm

Hi Martin,
you can use plugin instead of macro. In the plugin you can add and use the namespace you're interested in.
kig23

Postby cncdrive » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:28 pm

We don't like to extend it, because the more namespaces we add the more memory the macros will use.
I have a plan though to add a #include just like how there is #events to let users add namespaces, but this will require some development, I'm not sure when can I make it..
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Pulcik » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:41 am

kig23 wrote:Hi Martin,
you can use plugin instead of macro. In the plugin you can add and use the namespace you're interested in.

I see, I might consider a shot for it, in a future.

cncdrive wrote:We don't like to extend it, because the more namespaces we add the more memory the macros will use.
I have a plan though to add a #include just like how there is #events to let users add namespaces, but this will require some development, I'm not sure when can I make it..

Ok. Thank you for the info.
Pulcik

Return to Ask a question from support here