How to save home position after restart UCCNC?

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Re: How to save home position after restart UCCNC?

Postby dezsoe » Thu May 14, 2020 10:29 pm

Why not? You can scroll the g-code and find where it was stopped, then use Run from here. See the manual for details.
dezsoe

Postby sn4k3 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:14 pm

dezsoe wrote:Why not? You can scroll the g-code and find where it was stopped, then use Run from here. See the manual for details.

How? With power failure PC goes off, when you start UCCNC it's empty and need to load file again, how can i find the exact line?
sn4k3

Postby dezsoe » Fri May 15, 2020 7:13 am

When you move the g-code (with the scrollbar at the right side of the g-code list) the actual line is shown white (by default) on the toolpath view, so you can find where it was.

rfh1.png
dezsoe

Postby Demusman » Fri May 15, 2020 12:45 pm

I haven't used the "Run From Here" yet, does it read the entire gcode file and set feeds and start spindle or do we ned to start it manually?
Demusman

Postby sn4k3 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:18 pm

dezsoe wrote:When you move the g-code (with the scrollbar at the right side of the g-code list) the actual line is shown white (by default) on the toolpath view, so you can find where it was.

rfh1.png

I have done some simulations but that won't work to me they way i need...
Test 1: I have cut cnc power but keep the pc on, result uccnc ask if i want to save offset, i said yes and after that it closes, i power up cnc again, reopen uccnc, load file, located the white line where yellow circle was and run from here, it appear to work by redoing that line and continue but this case will never happen in a power outage situation because PC will gone too and no offset will be saved, that lead me to test 2.

Test 2: I killed UCCNC process to simulate a power loss on PC, open UCCNC, load file, and now offsets are wrong, they are set to the previous test, so i'm unable to know the stop point accurately.

So i guess continue work is only valid if you use battery backup on PC right? (UPS) otherwise need restart?
Also i'm unsure how safe this is, because i notice UCCNC program keep moving for a small fraction of time when CNC is already stop, this can lead in wrong position, example in Z hops, helical entrances or where all 3 axis are in move? So i guess we also need to probe Z again?
sn4k3

Postby dezsoe » Fri May 15, 2020 3:57 pm

I wrote:
If you home first then set 0,0,0 work coords and press save offsets

On the Ofssets page there is a button to save your current offsets:

rfh2.png
dezsoe

Postby beefy » Fri May 15, 2020 10:35 pm

In demo mode, just tried saving offsets, killing UCCNC process with task manager, then starting UCCNC again.

Offsets saved perfectly.

Sn4k3,
have a read through the user manual about offsets.
beefy

Postby cncdrive » Fri May 15, 2020 10:59 pm

How do you expect the offsets to be saved when you switching the power to the computer?
Offsets saving are done automatically when you closing the software. If you killing the power of the PC then ofcourse the software cannot save anything as it is terminated without notice.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby sn4k3 » Fri May 15, 2020 11:04 pm

beefy wrote:In demo mode, just tried saving offsets, killing UCCNC process with task manager, then starting UCCNC again.

Offsets saved perfectly.

Sn4k3,

Yes, that's not my question now, i learn with saving offset prior start i can restart work from begin keeping same 0,0,0 positions as before in case of failure, but I still can't see now can i resume a work accurately from were it stops as dezsoe said is possible, also his example is a plain pcb board with just one DOC step, but i'm talking something more serious with multiple depth steps and large stuff were your eye can't tell.
Example: 12h job with multiple depths, everything die with a power loss at +/- 4h of work done, you were off all this time and no clue about what current working depth was, and the question is: is possible to resume from the stop point or not/very hard to?
sn4k3

Postby Demusman » Fri May 15, 2020 11:52 pm

sn4k3 wrote:
beefy wrote:In demo mode, just tried saving offsets, killing UCCNC process with task manager, then starting UCCNC again.

Offsets saved perfectly.

Sn4k3,

Yes, that's not my question now, i learn with saving offset prior start i can restart work from begin keeping same 0,0,0 positions as before in case of failure, but I still can't see now can i resume a work accurately from were it stops as dezsoe said is possible, also his example is a plain pcb board with just one DOC step, but i'm talking something more serious with multiple depth steps and large stuff were your eye can't tell.
Example: 12h job with multiple depths, everything die with a power loss at +/- 4h of work done, you were off all this time and no clue about what current working depth was, and the question is: is possible to resume from the stop point or not/very hard to?

You don't have to get the exact line, as long as you start before the line it stopped at.
I'm guessing you can use the iso view to make the doc a little clearer. Measure the doc on the part beforehand if needed.

Would still love an answer to this though:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2556&start=10#p20130
Demusman

PreviousNext

Return to Ask a question from support here