Serious bug related to machine homing introduced in 1.2116?

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Serious bug related to machine homing introduced in 1.2116?

Postby richardk » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:33 am

Hello,
I have a dual Y motor machine (outputs Y and A are used), UC400ETH controller and I am experiencing following bug in 1.2116:
..the problem doesn't appear always, you need to do up to 15 attempts of machine homing followed by Y axis move to reproduce the problem:
- I perform a machine homing (everything looks normal, all axes are homed as they should be)
- Then when I am trying to move Y axis using arrow key (continuous mode) or using pendant (MPGcont) in some cases, only one axis (Y) is moved, the slave axis (A) doesn't move! If user is not aware of this and tries to do a fast and long move, machine is abused and of course also master axis stalls since it cannot move anymore further.
- Then when I try to do machine homing again, the homing is performed correctly, both X and A axes are homed so A is able to move during homing but axis A still doesn't move if arrow key or pendant is used in next.
- As I wrote above, I need to make more attempts to get the problem but when the problem happens once, all further attempts shows the problem and I need to restart the software to get the things fixed (no restart of electronics needed)

I tried to downgrade to 1.2115 and I am not able to reproduce the problem using this version. Then I tried version 1.2116 again and problem was again reliably reproducible (on 11-th attempt). So I downgraded to 1.2115 again..

Richard
Attachments
Profile.zip
(20.61 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
richardk

Re: Serious bug related to machine homing introduced in 1.21

Postby cncdrive » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:52 pm

We just tested and can reproduce this issue, now debugging and fixing it.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby manny » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:36 pm

cncdrive wrote:We just tested and can reproduce this issue, now debugging and fixing it.

seams this is the same issue as im having ?
manny

Postby manny » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:46 pm

manny

Postby richardk » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:32 am

OK, so you can reproduce the problem. Is there any chance that new version will be released soon? It is 6 months from my report. I've downgraded to a version which contains another bugs so I cannot contribute in testing anymore (btw I wish to do despite I've payd for the software). The "official" release is 4 years old.. The project seems to be dead from my point of view.. :-(
richardk

Postby cncdrive » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:42 pm

Yes, we working on it.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Report a bug