UCCNC Turn Problems

While UCCNC does not currently have a TURN Modual Here is the place to discuss your wants and wishes for TURN

Re: UCCNC Turn Problems

Postby andrej » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:56 pm

Yes the PP can be changed to do that too, see below code part, the line after "case PLANE_ZX" is changed to iOutput.format((cx - start.x) * 2, 0), in the onCircular section of the F360 LCNC PP code. No other parts mentioned earlier of the original PP were changed in this case.
A dropdown menu or checkbox can be added to the F360 PP GUI so the user can select if it should output G7 or G8 arcs.

But I guess that if this was done automatically by UCCNC after changing to G7 then it would be better, or more user friendly. Like with LinuxCNC.

I mean it is easy to change this one part of the PP, but from what I've seen and tested all other PPs output the gcode in the same manner, most likely leaving the final "I" parameter adjusment to the control software which should know if it is working in G7 or G8.

The generated Gcode looks good otherwise, can not see any differences compared to the G8 file.

Code: Select all
else if (!getProperty("useRadius")) {
    switch (getCircularPlane()) {
    case PLANE_XY:
      writeBlock(gAbsIncModal.format(90), gMotionModal.format(directionCode), xOutput.format(x), yOutput.format(y), zOutput.format(z), iOutput.format(cx - start.x, 0), jOutput.format(cy - start.y, 0), getFeed(feed));
      break;
    case PLANE_ZX:
      writeBlock(gAbsIncModal.format(90), gMotionModal.format(directionCode), xOutput.format(x), yOutput.format(y), zOutput.format(z), iOutput.format((cx - start.x) * 2, 0), kOutput.format(cz - start.z, 0), getFeed(feed));
      break;
    case PLANE_YZ:
      writeBlock(gAbsIncModal.format(90), gMotionModal.format(directionCode), xOutput.format(x), yOutput.format(y), zOutput.format(z), jOutput.format(cy - start.y, 0), kOutput.format(cz - start.z, 0), getFeed(feed));
      break;
    default:
      linearize(tolerance);
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-27 175639.png
andrej

Postby cncdrive » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:44 pm

Ok, so we finally figured it. :)
In the meantime I changed the UCCNC g-code interpreter, so it will read the G2/3 I parameter in G7 mode the same way as in LCNC, because after thinking about this a littlebit now I think it is more logical how it works in LCNC.
So, in the next UCCNC release 1.2117 this will work the same in UCCNC as in LCNC.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby andrej » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:54 pm

That is really nice. Have a great weekend ;)
andrej

Postby Joachim » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:51 pm

So for now, no need to change my PP. Let me known if you need other changes.
Joachim

Postby BKG » Sat May 04, 2024 1:33 pm

Hello, im Using the pps Jochim
Provided for Fusion 360 the radie diam stuff is ok
Im trying to make 1/4 Npt tread, annthen there is code uccnc do not understand (ignoring)
G33 X6.652 Z-9.884 K1.412
BKG

Postby cncdrive » Tue May 07, 2024 7:50 am

You have to have the spindle encoder configured (Encoder A, B and Index channels) for the thread cutting to work, because it is spindle syncronous motion.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Previous

Return to UCCNC TURN (CNC Lathe)