Probe X and Y problem

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Probe X and Y problem

Postby samsonwilliams » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 am

AXBB-E and UCCNC
If I make a Z probe then an X and Y probe on a plate placed approximately on the bed, the cutter will be placed on zero X; zero Y and zero Z correctly BUT it will not keep the X and Y axis therefore the X and the Y will not follow the reference part but the X and Y axis of the milling machine... I hope Made me understand and do you have a solution so that the probe can compensate for the bad placement of my raw material on the bed?

Thanks for your help or advice.
samsonwilliams

Re: Probe X and Y problem

Postby eabrust » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:57 pm

samsonwilliams wrote:AXBB-E and UCCNC
If I make a Z probe then an X and Y probe on a plate placed approximately on the bed, the cutter will be placed on zero X; zero Y and zero Z correctly BUT it will not keep the X and Y axis therefore the X and the Y will not follow the reference part but the X and Y axis of the milling machine... I hope Made me understand and do you have a solution so that the probe can compensate for the bad placement of my raw material on the bed?

Thanks for your help or advice.

Sounds like you want to know what to do about rotation of the material on the table. Do a little research in the forum or in manual (or google...) on use of G68 (coordinate rotations).

With use of a few probing routines, you can set a corner to 0 as you've done already, then go and run another probe routine and rotate the coordinates by probing an edge to get the angle.

regards
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software