UCCNC VB Scripter?

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

UCCNC VB Scripter?

Postby SpillSesh » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:34 am

Hi Team,

Keen user of UCCNC; built my own gantry router using an AXBB-E.
Really want to use UCCNC for my next project but not sure if it's the right way to go. Machine is a Deep Hole Drill (kinda like a lathe) and requirements:

1. Uses only two axis (no X axis):
Z axis
B Axis
Both the Z and B axis / spindle are Step/Dir DC servos.

2. Motion controller with 2x analog outputs (0-10v) to control VFDs for oil pump and another function. Planning to use a UC300ETH.

3. Execution of G32 (constant pitch threading - tracking UCCNC supports G32) and G34 (multi-pitch threading, unsure if G34 supported).

4. Custom User Interface / scripting. I want the operator to input parameters (preferably drop down) and execute G code from a screen that I design. Kinda like this screengrab.

Questions:
Can I adjust the 0-10v analogue outputs of a UC300ETH using G-Code?
Does UCCNC support G34 multi-pitch threading?
Can I design operator screens using the UCCNC editor? Can these store user input parameters to be executed by G-Code?

My fallback is using Mach3 with Visual Basic Scripter, which I think was used to create this and is probably the safer pathway. Although, I'd rather stay with UCCNC if possible.
Question: does the UC300ETH Mach3 plugin support G32 and G34?, if so, what releases of Mach3?
I'm tracking that threading on Mach4 isn't supported by the UC300ETH plugin.

I had a look into LinuxCNC but struggled to find a motion controller with two 0-10v analogue outputs without going into multiple daughtercards / HAL etc.

Can anyone help?

Jesse.
SpillSesh

Re: UCCNC VB Scripter?

Postby SpillSesh » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:50 am

Apologies Team,

I have continued learning whilst this post was awaiting approval from a moderator.

I have UCCNC turn working in demo with the UC300ETH-5LPT profile and figured how to control the analog outputs with variables. I can code a macro using G33 which will suit my needs and is supported by UCCNC, seems G32 and G34 are not. Have also wedded myself to the UCCNC turn test release with a custom plugin for my needs, not Mach3. Now just need to figure out how to write a UCCNC plugin in either VB or C#.

Tried building the example plugins in VS 2022, got .NET4.0 errors, then VS 2019, got plugininterface.dll errors. Downloaded VS2010 (which was difficult as no longer downloadable via Microsoft) got the same errors as VS2019.

Only posting to prevent anyone wasting their time answering my questions below. Will seek more help with plugins when I stall.

Thanks,

Jesse.
SpillSesh

Re: UCCNC VB Scripter?

Postby cncdrive » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:26 am

Hi Jesse,

UCCNC supports G33 which is the single cycle thread and G76 which is the multi cycle threading.
You can read the UCCNC users manual, it described the working and parameters of both g-codes.

Yes, you can assign # variables to analog outputs and then you can set the variable values in g-code.

The UCCNC has a built in screen editor, so you can edit the screen items like buttons, DROs, LEDs etc.
You can also assign macro calls to buttons and can write your own macros to call by button presses.

About the Visual Studio error, I'm not sure what exact errors did you get, so please post some printscreens.
We compile with VS2019 now, so it is fully compatible with the example plugin.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software