New test release discussion

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: New test release discussion

Postby Doncis » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:40 pm

Where can I find some info about SPI bus communication?
Doncis

Postby cncdrive » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:12 pm

Open the UCCNC/Documentation/Macro_capability_detailed.htm file and you can find the SPI function prototypes and descriptions there.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Doncis » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:57 pm

Oh. Thanks. Direct access to uc300 hardware serial buffer through the macro also would be nice.
Doncis

Postby cncdrive » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:29 pm

No, thats not possible.
The communication buffer is encrypted for anti-skyping purposes in a way that even the same information is packed in a different packet format so there is no way that you could manipulate the datas without triggering a CRC error in the controller. :)
But you could access the motion controller in the lowest level using our motion control API library.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Doncis » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:15 am

It is possible modbus connection through motion controller? With additional rs485 hardware of course, to eliminate external usb connection, win usb serial drivers etc.
Doncis

Postby cncdrive » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:33 pm

No, it's not possible. But we considering implementing it.
However the UC300ETH now supports SPI communication via dedicated pins of the motion controller.
It's not Modbus though, however you could implement it with a microcontroller or Arduino etc. (not an easy task though)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Vmax549 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:39 pm

Hi Dezsoe, You are going about it backwards. You should just take the tool table and assign a "tool slot" column at the beginning of the table . Then you assign the tool slot to the tool #. Then when a tool is called "M6 T1" you check the tool table. IF there is a tool slot #1 assigned use that "tool #". IF there is not a tool slot assigned then just use the Tool# from the table. That is how it is mostly done done in the commercial world.

You really do not need to change the main display as the current tool # is already displayed. IF you want to see the assigned tools simple switch over to the tool table. IF you really wanted to add a useful item simply do a next tool display like Next Tool [ T1 ]. Or a line display of tools used such as
Tools Needed [ T1 T4 T6 T12 T23 ]

While you are working on the tool table could you add a time in use column that will track how long each tool is used. From the call of the tool M5 T1 start a timer for "time in use" then at the M30 or the next tool call stop the time and add that time to the "time is use" column of that tool.

Keep it simple (;-)

Just a thought, (;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby dezsoe » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:06 am

Hi Terry,

1. No, it's against everything that a tool table can give you. It means new tooling for all jobs from CAD to machining. I really hope that commercial world does not work that way.

2. The plugin I'm working on can read the loaded g-code file, list the tools and load them into the rack sorted or unsorted. If you don't sort the tools then you see them in the order of use.

3. The wear counter is a good idea to include. I have a well working solution for many years that I can use.
dezsoe

Postby ger21 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:32 pm

I haven't installed the test version yet, but from my experience in the commercial woodworking world, you always call the tool number. If the tool is not in a slot, you throw an error.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Vmax549 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:11 pm

Hi Dezsoe, A tool table is just a tool table. The cam has no idea of where you load tools in the ATM. My suggestion keeps everything simple and easy to use and does not take much change to the display screens. AND makes integration of the ATM simple.

BUT I can only lead the camel to the water I can not make him drink.

Have a happy day, (;-) TP
Vmax549

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software