New test release discussion

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

New test release discussion

Postby mark68 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:23 pm

I've installed the new version and read the notes. I'm sure a lot of work has gone into it behind the scenes so please don't take this as belittling that, but I for one was hoping for some development on the ATC side of the software, possible another screen and either plugin and/or option for both linear and rotary tool change rack options which no doubt cover most users requirements.

Ps, I should add I would have been willing to pay extra for this too as it wouldn't be fair to expect so much from what is an inexpensive well put togethor product as it stands..
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-11-01 211550.png
mark68

Re: New test release discussion

Postby Battwell » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:59 pm

why just an offset x in the tool table?

eg for the drill block i just added it needs to be offset in x y and z.
also- a max speed for a tool should be added so tools can be set to never over speed. eg large diameter cutters.
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby cncdrive » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:17 pm

Another forum member already pointed this out, I mean the Y offset, but we can't add everything at once, because it is too much possibility for errors.
Will add Y tool offset in the next release hopefully.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby mark68 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:30 pm

cncdrive wrote:Email ...

I did yesterday but not had a resposnse yet.
mark68

Postby cncdrive » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:32 pm

Dezsoe is not that fast sometimes sorry.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby mark68 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:53 pm

:lol:
cncdrive wrote:Dezsoe is not that fast sometimes sorry.

Ok
mark68

Postby dezsoe » Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:42 am

Sorry Mark (and TomahawkCNC), but I spent the most of the time yesterday with a reported bug. Your impossible request went down the queue. It's impossible, because I have only a concept how to modify the screenset (and I have it only for the Default2019). As I wrote in the quoted post I don't have a turnkey solution, but I can generate screensets for specified number of tool slots. More details later in mail, hopefully today.

The concept is to show the rack positions on the main page (green is the loaded tool):

ATC-main.png

And a more detailed page to load the rack (which is a bit obsolete, because it doesn't have the X offset):

ATC-tools.png
dezsoe

Postby mark68 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:38 am

Hi Dezsoe,
Even if what you have so far can set me down the correct path I am willing to try modifying the screens, add in the X offset column, etc further, just may need a little help with the macros.
I await your mail to discuss. Thank you.
mark68

Postby Daywalker » Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:18 pm

dezsoe wrote:Sorry Mark (and TomahawkCNC), but I spent the most of the time yesterday with a reported bug. Your impossible request went down the queue. It's impossible, because I have only a concept how to modify the screenset (and I have it only for the Default2019). As I wrote in the quoted post I don't have a turnkey solution, but I can generate screensets for specified number of tool slots. More details later in mail, hopefully today.

The concept is to show the rack positions on the main page (green is the loaded tool):

ATC-main.png

And a more detailed page to load the rack (which is a bit obsolete, because it doesn't have the X offset):

ATC-tools.png

This "ATC Project" looks very good. Will this come as an update anytime?

The TOOL X Offset column causes a lot of confusion in the milling area. And actually makes more sense when turning.
And I don't think it's that exciting either, if something is accidentally entered here while milling, a lot of things go wrong. (Something can happen quickly with a touchscreen that you make a mistake)

However, when milling the area, you could just leave the Tool Offset Z and Tool Diameter and enter the X & Y offset values ​​in the "Details..." view. So the option would be there for milling when you need it, but in everyday life it doesn't cause any confusion in the screen.

The ATC project really piques my interest. :D
Regards from Germany
Udo

(UC300ETH & UB1)
[Yeah, I use a Translator ;-) ]
Daywalker

Postby mark68 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:10 pm

dezsoe wrote:Sorry Mark (and TomahawkCNC), but I spent the most of the time yesterday with a reported bug. Your impossible request went down the queue. It's impossible, because I have only a concept how to modify the screenset (and I have it only for the Default2019). As I wrote in the quoted post I don't have a turnkey solution, but I can generate screensets for specified number of tool slots. More details later in mail, hopefully today.

ATC-main.png

ATC-tools.png

Hi Dezsoe, any news on sending some info please?
mark68

Next

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software