Issues with 3-axis interpolation

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: Issues with 3-axis interpolation

Postby cncdrive » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:45 pm

My suggestion is to please read the UCCNC users manual to understand these parameters.
And yes, they flatten the path, but only with max. 0.5 linear error units and 0.1 max. on corners, because you set these values.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:10 pm

Mach3 has no error tolerance settings, so it will round off corners and run much faster. Mach3 also has bugs where this rounding will often lead to visible gouges.
UCCNC follows the toolpath much more accurately, which can result in slower speeds, unless the tolerance settings are loosened up. But the good news is that because of the increased accuracy of UCCNC, you can usually increase your carving speeds by 30%-50% over Mach3, and actually run faster, with more accurate parts, once you find the correct settings for your parts and machine.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby X-Pam » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:18 pm

cncdrive wrote:My suggestion is to please read the UCCNC users manual to understand these parameters.
And yes, they flatten the path, but only with max. 0.5 linear error units and 0.1 max. on corners, because you set these values.

As usual thanks a lot for the support.
Well, I don't know if you watched the video you can find in previous message I posted, in that video you can see the machine that every 1 second slow down from 2.000 to 800/1.000 fed rate during 3-axis interpolation.
I read the manual and I also read a lot of posts and comments surfing the web where many peoples have the same issues on 3D works with UCCNC.

Now the question is: is there a way to resolve?
As I wrote the only settings that provide a smooth movements are the insane settings I posted in my previous message (I spent 2 hours changing a little bit the value), below these values I have the issues with frustrating feed rate changing every seconds and the machine not works good in that way in my opinion, and I waste a lot of time to end the job.

You wrote these values flatten the path, but with other values the CNC doesn't work well, so what I can do to resolve, to have a smooth and fluid path?
Can you suggest me some values to tests?
Have I to reduce the feed rate?
From 2.000 to 500 for example?
I don't think it's a great idea, I upgraded the CNC from Mach3 to UCCNC and AXBB-E to increase productivity and safety, but actually on 3D path I have terrible results.

Can I send you an email with details and can you give me support?
I am professional and I must start to produce, it's not a problem to pay for assistance of course.
X-Pam

Postby dezsoe » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:43 pm

Sorry, I was away from my PC today. I've just sent you a mail.
dezsoe

Postby GeorgS » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:04 pm

As I am also trying to find the perfect values for my machine in UCCNC, a question:
the linear addition and unify length max., is it a value in mm or a factor on the error max. ?

Georg
GeorgS

Postby ger21 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:31 pm

It's a distance, in whatever units you have setup UCCNC with. See the manual for a drawing that explains it.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Battwell » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:51 am

i just looked at your motor settings. you have acceleration set very low. is there a reason for this?
try setting acceleration to 1000 instead of 300. this will speed things up a lot.
this machine is set to 1000 acceleration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxoRsCADHEc&t=3s
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby GeorgS » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:06 am

1000 acceleration IMO is much too high for many router machines. Of course you can then run the gcode "smoother"- theoretically.
in fact, your result in quality will be worse as the machine will warp
GeorgS

Postby eabrust » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:03 pm

GeorgS wrote:1000 acceleration IMO is much too high for many router machines. Of course you can then run the gcode "smoother"- theoretically.

What is your basis for stating an acceleration of 1000 is too high? 1G = 9800 mm/s^2. So using 1,000mm/s^2 is .1G, and 300 mm/s^2 is .03G. Have you tried altering the acceleration and tested? If the machine is constrained to go slow, it will go slow.

regards
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby Battwell » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:22 am

GeorgS wrote:1000 acceleration IMO is much too high for many router machines. Of course you can then run the gcode "smoother"- theoretically.

The only time i have had to reduce acceleration is on my very heavy machine with 2 ton gantry which runs on single phase. that machine is restricted to 750 acceleration and 30m/minute rapids per axis.
and on a direct drive atc carousel with 8 increments ( as low as 0.5) :-)
a small lighter weight machine will perform much better with a sensible higher acceleration normally.
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software