Won't reset on first statup

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: Won't reset on first statup

Postby bhdavis » Sun May 02, 2021 8:29 am

ger21 wrote:It sounds like UCCNC is just starting before the PC makes the ethernet connection to the UC300ETH.
If you remove it from the startup folder, and start it manually, it'll probably work every time.

Gerry,
Done that too dozens of times. Does not solve the problem.
BH
bhdavis

Postby bhdavis » Sun May 02, 2021 8:35 am

I'll add that I've been doing full folder backups every couple weeks as I get UCCNC set up the way I want. If I revert back to the copy from a couple weeks ago the problem does not occur. I think I'm just going to work from that copy and redo the changes I made over the past couple weeks until I find what I did that caused the problem.

I'd be happy to upload the entire problematic UCCNC folder to my website so someone could download to duplicate the problem. Just let me know if there is anyone out there that is curious enough to do the download and see if this happens on their machine.

BH
bhdavis

Postby dezsoe » Sun May 02, 2021 2:40 pm

Can you upload here only the "before/after" profile? (The old that works and the new that doesn't.)
dezsoe

Postby bhdavis » Sun May 02, 2021 6:45 pm

Solved.

And I apologize that I can't upload the PROFILE files as in fighting my way through it today the copy that was loading on the 2nd startup suddenly started not loading at all.

However I finally did a software reinstall over that non-functioning copy and that did the trick. I had to move a few files over and set the profile (thank you Gerry for telling me to make a personal profile !!!!) but after an hour or two I had it running properly with all my custom buttons and macros.

Thank you everyone for your interest and suggestions.

BH
bhdavis

Previous

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software