Digitizing Single Probe Mode

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Digitizing Single Probe Mode

Postby johu » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:59 pm

Hi there,

I'm using UCCNC version 1.2111 with a UC300ETH-5LPT.
I'm looking into the M40 and M41 (Start/Stop digitizing feature) together with the Default Probe screen.

Digitizing works great, but... when I use the double probing technique I get two points in the output file.
The first is from the "Fast feed", and the second point is from the "Fine feed".

I always want to discard the fast probe point.
I know I can use the "SINGLE PROBE MODE" but that only works using the "Fine feed" and therefore takes a lot longer.

Is there a way to discard the fast probe result when digitizing is on?
If yes, how?
If no, would it be usefull to implement this feature?
johu

Re: Digitizing Single Probe Mode

Postby Vmax549 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:45 pm

Simply calibrate your probe to whatever speed you wish to use then use single probe mode to do the probing at the same speed you calibrated it to.

Just a thought , (;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby johu » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:26 am

Vmax549 wrote:Simply calibrate your probe to whatever speed you wish to use then use single probe mode to do the probing at the same speed you calibrated it to.

Just a thought , (;-) TP

Sure, that is a option.
But... my Fast feed is set at 500, my Fine feed is set as 25.
Therefore a single probe (with Fine feed) is about 20x slower.
Well not exactly 20x because double probe mode probes twice... but you'll get the point.

Is the digitize tab part of the Probing.dll plugin?
I unchecked the startup and enabled checkboxes for the "Probing" plugin but they still both show up.
johu

Postby Vmax549 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:41 pm

With the slow feed you set it high like what you have for fast feed (500) . That way it will take the least time overall only probing once. Just as accurate but faster.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby dezsoe » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:48 pm

The digitize tab is independent from the probing. If you turn off the probing plugin (call startup is not used, only the enabled checkbox) then the screen will not change, but you cannot do anything with it.

How do you want to use the probe screen to digitize? Do you move to a position and press start probing? How many points do you probe?
dezsoe

Postby johu » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:08 pm

Vmax549 wrote:With the slow feed you set it high like what you have for fast feed (500) . That way it will take the least time overall only probing once. Just as accurate but faster.

(;-) TP

Sorry, but I think this is completely untrue, as the feed speed goes up, the accuracy goes down.
Otherwise what good would the "Fast feed" be? Or am I thinking wrong?!?

dezsoe wrote:The digitize tab is independent from the probing. If you turn off the probing plugin (call startup is not used, only the enabled checkbox) then the screen will not change, but you cannot do anything with it.

How do you want to use the probe screen to digitize? Do you move to a position and press start probing? How many points do you probe?

Yes I move to a position and then press probe, this way I can probe multiple edges.
I'd prefer a "Fast feed" followed by a "Fine feed", where only the last probe is stored in the digitizing tab.
johu

Postby dezsoe » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:43 pm

OK, I'll think about it, give me a little time.
dezsoe

Postby Vmax549 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:45 pm

It is very true . The probing function is a time_distance function . True the speed you probe at changes the distance_value NOT the accuracy. THAT is why you calibrate it for the speed you are probing at. That it changes the accuracy is a myth. Test it for yourself.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software