uccnc will not install

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

uccnc will not install

Postby jim1953 » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:57 pm

I am trying to install version 1.2048 on a desktop running windows 10. When I click the setup a message pops up that says this app will not run on the machine. I run it now on a laptop even reloaded windows 10 on a new hard drive and reset up uccnc with now problem. Is this a windows problem with security or something else. I want to run this version so I can use Gerry's 2017 screenset. As is I can't use uccnc at all. Anyone have a fix for this issue.
Thanks
Jim
jim1953

Re: uccnc will not install

Postby A_Camera » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:57 pm

There is very little information in your post. Remember that we are not in the same room so we can't see anything...

Who is generating that error message? Windows? UCCNC? Anti virus software? What is the exact message?
A_Camera

Postby cncdrive » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:39 pm

Please post a printscreen of the error message Window you getting.
Also that UCCNC version requires the .net framework 2.0, so in Win 10. you should enable the .NET framework 3.5 (includes the 2.0) in the Windows features.
If you did not enable that then the installer will not run and you will receive a message about the missing .NET framework.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby jasonakendrick » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:24 am

simply navigate to your Control Panel and select Programs. From there select the “Turn Windows Features on and off” option. Check the box for Microsoft .NET 3.5. Once your .NET framework is installed, continue with a fresh installation of UCCNC using the Stepcraft Multi-installer provided with your Stepcraft CNC system.
jasonakendrick

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software