G31 didn't respect G1 feed rate (A angular axis)

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

G31 didn't respect G1 feed rate (A angular axis)

Postby Doncis » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:03 pm

It is normal that this code smashes into touch probe with rapid feed?

G1 G94
G31 A90 F90

A axis is rotary (deg/min)
Doncis

Re: G31 didn't respect G1 feed rate (A angular axis)

Postby eabrust » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:16 am

Hi Doncis,

In the manual for UCCNC, it explains that an axis set to 'rotary' doesn't respect feedrate commands, it follows the other linear axes and is only limited by max velocity. Just uncheck 'axis is rotary' box for that axis, but you can leave 'roll over on 360'. It still behaves like a proper rotary, but now will obey feedrates (deg/min).

When I was adding rotary probing to ProbeIt, took me a little bit of trial error to figure it out also. I put the following in my manual for ProbeIt: NOTE: It is recommended that you have "axis is rotary‟ unchecked in UCCNC, having "roll over on 360‟ is fine. The rotary axis will not respect feed rate commands if "axis is rotary‟ is set, and also you may have issues with direction of rotation as UCCNC always tries to make the shortest distance move when set to rotary.

regards,
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby Doncis » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:49 am

Thanks, I will check later.
I assume that it exclude feed rate only for display purposes. Imagine you want to cut simple slot only with A axis, with set G1 deg/min feed rate, and boom crash with rapid feed..it should always respect G1..
btw I always use G93 for 4axis.
Doncis

Postby frie » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:43 pm

Doncis wrote:Thanks, I will check later.
I assume that it exclude feed rate only for display purposes. Imagine you want to cut simple slot only with A axis, with set G1 deg/min feed rate, and boom crash with rapid feed..it should always respect G1..
btw I always use G93 for 4axis.

I side with Donics on this.
A feedrate command invoked on a single axis, no matter what X,Y,Z,A,B,C it should be respected and executed, in multi axis moves, whatever the program does, also tricks like not make it a rotary but rollover it a rotary then it obeys:
Common you guys: it is a rotary. Sounds the same as: tell it is a circle then the square can roll.
frie

Postby frie » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:01 pm

For the record, i just finished my upgrade 4th to 5th axis, this was the first thing i found, (not respecting F commands). I'm still shocked i geuss and find this disturbing and an error programmed into UCCNC.
Same as G53 is not a real work space (but that's off topic)
Choose UCCNC for this over mach 3 because of the windows timer clock, as my current controller only does 4 axis.

Please can somebody tell me if a Gcode on UCCNC is run and the CAM is instructing this code for example:
G0 X0. Y0. Z0. A90 B0.
G1 Z-1.0 F150
G01 B45 F100

It will crash my endmill trying to goto C45 with 6000 units/minute (max velocity as per setup) every time. NOT GOOD!.
frie

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software