Little irritations: input fields

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Little irritations: input fields

Postby pbft » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:48 am

I've pretty much figured out how to do everything I need to do with UCCNC, but I have a couple of persistent irritations that I'd like to resolve if possible.

First, UCCNC seems to require a carriage return to accept an entry in a data input field. Since I spend a lot of my life in web browsers, my reflex is to use tab or the mouse to finish entry and move to the next field. Neither of these work in UCCNC. Is there a way to change UCCNC field input behavior to match standard web site behavior? I don't need the virtual mouse function. I've made a lot of mistakes by not realizing that my input had not been accepted.

Second, I use the MDI a lot. It loses focus after each input, and you have to use the mouse or hit enter again to regain MDI focus. Is there a way to keep focus on the MDI until you click elsewhere?

Finally, command history is a real time and error saver. I use it all the time on the Windows command line, the Linux command line, and the Mach3 MDI. Has anyone figured out how to add this feature to the UCCNC MDI?

Thanks for any help or advice. I'm loving UCCNC, and I'm sad that I stayed with Mach3 as long as I did. If I can find solutions for these little irritations, this will be a total win for me.
pbft

Re: Little irritations: input fields

Postby dezsoe » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:51 pm

Just read the manual. :D

- On the Appearance settings page you can turn off Validate textfields with Enter key only.
- On the same page you can turn on Disable the virtual mouse (tab key) mode.
- Yes, you have to click the MDI field or press enter, it cannot be changed.
- When you are in the MDI field then use the up/down keys to get the history.

If you need to edit the MDI lines then try the On-screen keyboard plugin: there you can navigate in the command history (Prev button) and you can also edit the recalled line. (You have to click into a field to activate the plugin.)
dezsoe

Re: Little irritations: input fields

Postby pbft » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:52 am

Thanks - that helps. I never tried the down arrow in the MDI field, and I missed that 'Appearance' included some behavior settings.
pbft

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software