Output / indication of presence of CV mode on the toolpath

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Output / indication of presence of CV mode on the toolpath

Postby stivemaster » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:06 pm

Hello, I would like to ask if there is a possibility to consider such functionality of the plasma profile of UCCNC in the future. This would be a fundamental function that will allow to control the action of external height control. Such functionality is currently available in LinuxCNC and works great.
To make it clear, I mean the following - UCCNC turns on / off the output, in the moments when the machine is moving with a constant velocity. These are the moments when it does not accelerate or reduce the speed.
stivemaster

Re: Output / indication of presence of CV mode on the toolpa

Postby cncdrive » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:55 am

There is already this functionality available in the UCCNC. You can set a % under which if the feedrate drops compared to the programmed feedrate then it gives an output and/or it inhibits the THC Z axis control. For example the feedrate is F1000 and you set 80% then if the feedrate drops below F800 then the function activates. It deactivates if the feedrate goes above F800 again.
The function can be used to avoid THC Z axis downwards control into the worksheet when cutting sharp corners and cutting with shard direction changes when the axes have to deccelerate to change direction so the feedrate drops...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby stivemaster » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:48 pm

Hello, interesting, although I have already placed 4 of your controllers on different machines, I did not know that this feature is already available. Could you explain exactly how it is used? If it works as you say, it would help a lot in the operation of our height controller.
If you wish, we could send you a test controller.
stivemaster

Postby cncdrive » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:27 pm

Yes, it works as I say, because I was the one who implemented this function, so I know what I'm talking about. :D
And it works fine, it was already tested, the function is available for a few years now.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby stivemaster » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:38 am

Hello, I do not argue in any way with you whether such a feature exists!
I just asked how you planned to use it - what is the name of the output that is triggered to assign it and try it, is there an additional G code or just assigning a pin is enough? That's what I expected.
stivemaster

Postby cncdrive » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:32 am

The function is called "anti dive" and it is on the I/O settings page.
There is a Threshold% you can set, if the feedrate then drops below that when the THC is on then the controller will inhibit the Z axis THC control.
It works simply like that.

You can also set a pin "Anti dive output" on the same page, then the controller activates that output when the anti dive function is active, in other words when the THC is on and the feedrate drops below the Threshold%.
Some THC controller require this signal, however our motion controller handles the function standalone.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby stivemaster » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:38 am

Hello, yes this is all we need, now we will experiment with this and write about the result. Thank you!
stivemaster

Postby stivemaster » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:08 am

Hello again. Two days ago I ordered another set of AXBB-E + software, because at the moment we do not have a test controller (I don't know if this can be tested in demo mode).
What we tried in demo mode doesn't work. The problem with you is that you never post pictures or videos (and one picture = 1000 words). So I don't understand, whether simply assigning a pin to Anti dive output solves the problem? What is its connection with THC on / off, should any of the many codes you created in this connection be used?
In my opinion, all these codes are not very useful and confusing. In fact, you do not need the codes from M205-M212 at all. It is enough to have a perfect planning of the toolpath (something on which there is something to work in the future) and logic - in moments when there is no constant velocity, to ignore both the inputs for up and down and the output for Anti dive (which in fact it had to be THC Hold).And if it happens synchronously, that's all that is needed, both for controllers like the Proma and those who control the motor on the Z axis, and those who work completely alone. I have always strived for simple and elegant solutions.
However, could you describe in detail how we could manage Anti dive only with the help of UCCNC without Sheetcam?
Finally, I would like to point out that despite the criticism, I do not have bad feelings and I feel obliged to express my opinion, in case this helps you, to make the UCCNC even better!

Have a nice day !
stivemaster

Postby cncdrive » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:24 pm

Yes, I understand your opinion, that you do not need several things, but others think and do think differently and they might need them. :)

Assigning antidive is very simple, you simply setting the threshold% to whatever value you want, e.g. to 80%.
Then if the feedrate drops below 80% of the programmed feedrate (except for rapid G0) then it will lock the THC control, it will not allow the torch to be pushed into the sheet.
Thats all.
Some THCs need this signal to do certain things, but simple THCs like the Proma 150 does not need that.
The UCCNC takes care of disabling the THC control when the feedrate drops down to below the anti dive threashold.
So, it works really simple.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby stivemaster » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:14 pm

Hello, the fact that you meet the wishes of your customers is very good, but in fact you should know best how the machine works and guide them for proper setup so that they do not need unnecessary codes. According to the logic I set out earlier (I tried to give examples with other controllers) do you really think they need other codes? All the best controllers on earth (and the most expensive, of course), even Burny Inova, work like this - receiving a signal for the presence of a constant speed.
For some it is even possible (apart from branded and expensive CNCs, Linux CNC can now do it) you can even get an analog signal for the current speed compared to the set one.
This is how the mentioned Burny Inova can make the so-called True Hole and limit the current in the corners so as not to burn them!

And regarding my setting, you did not answer me in demo mode, does this function work? You could make a video, but you could upload a picture on the screen to make it clear to a lot of people. I don't claim to be very good at settings, but I've been making machines for 15 years and if I can't I set this feature - this means that a lot of people could not either. There are so many topics in your forum since 2016 in which this problem is not cleared.

Have a nice day !
stivemaster

Next

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software