Old hardware conversion.

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

Old hardware conversion.

Postby Mehelium » Tue May 16, 2023 6:00 am

Hi.
I need some help with a old machine we are planning to bring into the future by replacing the control system since the old one is fried anyway and wont start at all.

We tested the motors and everything seems to work fine, its just the age of the hardware and its various interfaces that I need help with since all my cnc/3dprinting experience have been using stepper motors and such.

The motors are Siemens 1 HU3070-0AF01 they are running on 80VDC and the drives for theses seems to be GME 6010 11010 and they control by +-12v for speed and direction. There is built in tachometers in the motors for speed feedback to the drive unit, and encoders on each axis for the control systems positioning (1250ppr).

What I’m really wondering is if there is any way of using the old hardware in any capacity or if the smartest thing is to just replace all the motors and the drives with new ones and start from scratch.

I have more pictures but all of the instructions I found are old and in Swedish :P
Attachments
Siemens_HU3070.jpg
Mehelium

Re: Old hardware conversion.

Postby ger21 » Tue May 16, 2023 10:44 am

Over the years, several companies have offered step/dir to analog converters, but I'm not sure if any are currently available. The last one I've seen was Larken's Step 2 Linear, but it doesn't look like they are currently offering them. You might want to contact them.

http://032c30a.netsolhost.com/catalog/index.php
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Re: Old hardware conversion.

Postby Mehelium » Sun May 21, 2023 7:43 am

I reached out and they will have the converters back in stock mid june.
As i said in the first post I'm not super well versed in DC motors other than steppers, and just curious if the DG4S-08020 servo drive from uccnc would be able to control the siemens motors?
It's 80 volts and 20A just like the old controllers and seems to be compatible with the current encoders on the machine and not that much more expensive than the converter boards so they would make for a good replacement if if i read the datasheet right.
Mehelium

Return to Hardware