Synchronous with motion macros for stand alone THC.

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Re: Synchronous with motion macros for stand alone THC.

Postby cncdrive » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:08 pm

Hi Andrew,

My collegue is working on this and he has a question: Is it OK if this output will be an on/off digital output which you could just switch on and off in syncron with the motion?
I mean there is no need for PWM and a duty cycle parameter, correct?
It is much simpler and much less resource sensitive and much less work for us to do a simple on/off switch than to make a PWM controlled output.
Please let me know.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby shad » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:26 am

Hello Balazs!
Yes, correct, only on/off digital output.
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
http://neuroncnc.com/
shad

Postby cncdrive » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:47 pm

OK, thanks Andrew.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ErikMc » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:18 pm

To make use of the m10/m11 what LED do I use in the drop down menu? I looked and I did not see a m10/m11 is it under a different name? Talking about the output screen
ErikMc

Postby cncdrive » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:24 pm

M10/M11 are macros, they have no LEDs. They are mapped to an output pin (laser output pin setting in the config) and every output has a LED, so you can check the LED number you assigned the M10/M11 to.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ErikMc » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:00 pm

Is the LED just for the diagnosis screen? So I just have to put my port and Pin in the laser part in configuration? How does that differ from useing the m10.1/m11.1? The manual does not explain any of this
ErikMc

Postby Robertspark » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:14 pm

which motion controller are you using?

which uccnc version are you using?
Robertspark

Postby ErikMc » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:27 pm

I have a UC300ETH with a UB1 board. I will have to check on the uccnc ver I have. I will most likely have to DL the newest one.
ErikMc

Postby shad » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:06 am

ErikMc wrote:Is the LED just for the diagnosis screen? So I just have to put my port and Pin in the laser part in configuration? How does that differ from useing the m10.1/m11.1? The manual does not explain any of this

Correct, LED just for diagnostic. You have to put port and pin in the laser part in configuration for your used THC inputs.

M10/M11 and M10.X/M11.X are realtime digital IO macros. It's work synchronously with motion.
The difference:
M10/M11 works only between M03 and M05 macro. Laser pin will turn off on M05.
M10.X/M11.X works always, independent from position in the gcode.
Pay attention, that M05 macro does not change M10.X/M11.X pin state.
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
http://neuroncnc.com/
shad

Postby Robertspark » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:36 am

The reason why I asked what version of uccnc are you using is because you said this:

ErikMc wrote:How does that differ from useing the m10.1/m11.1? The manual does not explain any of this

"normally" {cncdrive are very good at keeping up to date} if the function is available within the software it will be within the manual...

There are two versions to UCCNC, the stable release: Current version 1.2049
http://www.cncdrive.com/UCCNC.html

And the development release: Current version 1.2110
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=240

The stable release has been around a while and lots of the newer features have not moved across to it so they are not available (such as the probe routines, and also "maybe" M10.x + M11.x etc )

Each version when installed has its own manual within the Documentation folder. And you can install multiple versions of UCCNC on you machine if you want to try out the new features too so you can switch back and forth if that is your desire.

There is a recent discussion here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2031

The advice tends to be:
One of my previous posts :) wrote:the advice is if you are in production environment or a hobby user who does not like bugs or any glitches .. use the stable release.

with the development release the reported bugs will be investigated, and if confirmed and can be replicated hopefully fixed for the next development release whenever that is.

so if you are happy to find the occasional issue, and wait for the fixes and don't mind a damaged job or so..... use the development release with all the trialled latest features... if it's about your livelyhood... use the stable release
Robertspark

PreviousNext

Return to CNC Plasma