M31 Shoots the Z

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

M31 Shoots the Z

Postby Mr.Hotwire » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:55 am

Good day!

I'm VERY new to UCCNC, I'm trying to set up the software and do some tests while I am waiting for some fabrication for the table.

I'm building a 48"x48" Plasma table. I'm using AXBB-E to control the 3 axis. I plan on adding a 4th axis to cut pipe and tube at a later date, but for now, I'm sticking to a flat sheet.

I used a.DXF from Sheetcam to build post for the UCCNC. In Sheetcam I run the simulation and it works as intended, but when I run it in UCCNC it makes the first coordinate move, but an M31 is issued and the Z Probes then shoots up to the upper soft limit.

Any suggestions? Im going to record the screen once I get OBS setup on the CNC PC.

Thanks a ton.
Mr.Hotwire

Re: M31 Shoots the Z

Postby Robertspark » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:35 am

post your gcode please

the machine only does what it's told to do

z+ moves are up towards the ceiling.

z- moves are down towards to workpiece.

uccnc is unitless and it will only work in 1 unit at a time, it cannot switch between inches and millimeters. sheetcam postprocessor is in millimeters and it uses a scaling factor (or you cannot mix inches in the postprocessor for a switch offset.
Robertspark

Re: M31 Shoots the Z

Postby Mr.Hotwire » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:02 pm

I haven't made any changes to the Z axis on UCCNC other then change it from 4" to 6". So it may be my setup of the machine.

I'll post up my GCode in about an hour.
Mr.Hotwire

Return to CNC Plasma