Job Status Webpage

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Job Status Webpage

Postby AndyUK » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:08 pm

Hi All,

Anyone aware of a way to get UCCNC to output a status webpage so that I can monitor the job status remotely, but within the local network? Not sure if a plugin already exists that does this, e.g. one of the webcam ones?

Otherwise I will go and attempt to write one myself... If anyone more familiar with plugins has any tips I'd appreciate them, from perhaps a very naive perspective exposing the information in the API to a very basic webserver implementation seems simple enough.... (Famous last words!)

Thanks,
Andy
AndyUK

Re: Job Status Webpage

Postby eabrust » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:36 am

Hey Andy,

The quick and dirty method I do for remote monitoring is use VNC apps, something like TightVNC on the UCCNC computer, and a VNC viewer app on my android phone. Then you can just peek at the screen and see in real time what you'd see if you were standing at the machine. Can also control mouse/type and interact if needed, but I usually just 'view'.

As an alternative, I also have a plugin UCEmailer that sends SMTP email messages. And most mobile phone accounts are setup so you can receive emails as texts, so the plugin has most of the mobile carrier email addresses setup in it to select from. Then you can receive a text at completion or fault.

I mainly stick to the VNC method.

regards
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Return to Plugins