Modbus plugin for UCCNC

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Modbus plugin for UCCNC

Postby fendar2005 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:31 am

Hi All,
I'm looking to get a VFD that has a standard implementation of modbus that I can use with UCCNC, thinking something along the lines of the Huanyang GT-Series (yet to be purchased), I'm in the UK.

I jus want to say that so far I'm liking the UCCNC software, I bought the AXBB-E as that suits my requirements.

I'm building my first CNC controller box to replace the horid 3040T one that I got off ebay (in future I'm going to build a new CNC). I'm only using the original stepper motors (no markings on them) and VFD but am stuck on the VFD, I'm not entirely confident on it's safety, even the PSU was either marked wrong on the 240v input or something is a miss and the VFD has no dedicated ground.

Anyways all is working apart from the Spindle (down to the lack of confidence in the electrical safety of the VFD)

This brings me onto the next question does anyone know if I can use a 2.2kw VFD with a 800w motor, looking at the Huanyang GT-Series. I want to buy a VFD that I can use with the existing 800w water cooled motor with possibility in future CNC build to have a 2.2kw motor.

Thanks for any help.
fendar2005

Re: Modbus plugin for UCCNC

Postby ger21 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:40 am

does anyone know if I can use a 2.2kw VFD with a 800w motor, looking at the Huanyang GT-Series.

Yes, you can use a smaller motor than the VFD is rated for. You just need to enter the relevent parameters correctly.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Re: Modbus plugin for UCCNC

Postby fendar2005 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:32 pm

ger21 wrote:
does anyone know if I can use a 2.2kw VFD with a 800w motor, looking at the Huanyang GT-Series.

Yes, you can use a smaller motor than the VFD is rated for. You just need to enter the relevent parameters correctly.

Thanks, more like what I thought, I did see some say that I'd have to make sure the Invertor was able to go down low enough so I guess that is the only thing to worry about.
fendar2005

Return to Plugins