new break out board looks good!

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: new break out board looks good!

Postby Battwell » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:14 pm

Uccb is very nice
Wired mine into my mill conversion today
https://youtu.be/iC1CpQQahHQ
Just have to tidy it up but it's running :-)
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby TadasM » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:22 am

Looking good Battwell.

I have received mine UCBB's. One installed on the testbench (the size surprised me too, even Battwell had posted picture before) :)
Attachments
IMG_20180611_194623-800x600.jpg
UCBB + UC300ETH + HDBB2
TadasM

Postby cncdrive » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:59 am

The size (length) of the board is set by the number of the screw terminals and that is set by the number of I/Os. The terminals are standard 5.08mm pitch ones. We could probably use smaller ones to make the board smaller, but I don't really like those small 3.81 and 3.5mm pitch terminals, so we kept using the 5.08mm pitch ones which define the length of the board.
And please remember that the UCBB board interfaces two ports not only one, so it's size can't be as small as a single port BOB. :)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby TadasM » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:22 pm

The size of board is good and it will defiantly fit to any properly sized control cabinets :) It is only the picture on product page - somehow I have imagined it smaller than it is :)
My only wish (and it will stay that way :D), is that it would have analog 0-10v control, charge pump output (with onboard integrated relay) and two relays :D
Otherwise – great quality product!
TadasM

Postby cncdrive » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:03 pm

There is analog 0-10V on the analog port of the UC300ETH-5LPT.
Charge pump is an interesting topic, because it is not really required. An enable output can do the job, because the UC300ETH processor itself acts as a charge pump.
I would never put a relay on a breakout board. Mechanical relays have limited lifetime which lifetime is far lower than the lifetime of a transistor or Mosfet and when the relay fails it is much easier to exchange an externally connected relay especially if it is in a socket than to solder one out of a breakout board.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby TadasM » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:03 pm

The relay could have soldered port so you could easy change the relay itself. But I get your point.
In the past I have used charge port to control relay that activates/deactivates contactors for servo drives and spindle. For enable, other HDBB2 output was used. Can "enable" output be used for all things (direct 24VDC contactor control and as enable signal for servo drives) ?

I have a plan to mount UC300ETH on top of UCBB. Made a quick sketch:
UCBB_Assembly (1).jpg
TadasM

Postby asuratman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:54 am

Do the legs on UC300ETH-5LPT match the one on UCBB ? I just want to know which pin for step dir ? Is that sequential, I mean pin O1 as X step, O2 as X dir, ... 016 as C step, 017 as C dir ... 6 axis ?
asuratman

Postby cncdrive » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:06 am

Do the legs on UC300ETH-5LPT match the one on UCBB ? I just want to know which pin for step dir ? Is that sequential, I mean pin O1 as X step, O2 as X dir, ... 016 as C step, 017 as C dir ... 6 axis ?

As described in the UCBB datasheet all outputs are electrically equivalent and all inputs are electrically equivalent, so it is only up to you which output will be what function, any of the outputs can be configured as e.g. X step or X dir or Y step or Ydir etc. and any of the inputs can be configured to any input functions e.g. limit, home, etc..
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby TadasM » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:39 pm

Finally had an hour to do some testing with UCBB. Tested 24V control signals (step, dir). Also, as it was suggested - Enable signal as substitute for the Charge pump. All working good :) Thank You gents.
Only one question so far - is it OK to use "servo ON" and Servo drive contactor from same output (I have used OUT3/CN1) ?
Servo_wiring.JPG

Or should I connect "servo ON" permanently to 24V source and make "Enable" signal (OUT3) only for activating contactor ?
Like so:
Servo_wiring_2.JPG
TadasM

Previous

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software