G31 with more than one axis word

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

G31 with more than one axis word

Postby eabrust » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:34 pm

I'd like to request that UCCNC was able to perform G31 probes with combinations of X, Y, and Z axis in a single move.

Selfish reason for request: I'd like to try to port my 2D profile tracing probe routine(s) written for Mach3 (probeit wizard) over to UCCNC and re-write it in C#. At this point, I only use Mach3 on my router for probing and nothing more.... and it looks like UCCNC probing capability just made a big leap forward.

Regards
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Re: G31 with more than one axis word

Postby cncdrive » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:53 pm

Eric,

Thanks for the suggestion.
The probing on more then one axis one time is already planned in our next development cycle.
We just finished the current cycle of development and the result is the version 1.2022 which got out to our website a few days ago.
We now waiting for users feedbacks about this new version for about 2 weeks to see if there are any bugs reported and then will start the new development cycle.
So, you can expect this function to be implemented soon.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Robertspark » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:15 pm

Eric,

Good to hear you're thinking of porting probeit to uccnc. I really like using it when I ran mach3, consider you've got at least one customer and sale.
Robertspark

Postby eabrust » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:27 pm

cncdrive wrote:Eric,

Thanks for the suggestion.
The probing on more then one axis one time is already planned in our next development cycle.
We just finished the current cycle of development and the result is the version 1.2022 which got out to our website a few days ago.
We now waiting for users feedbacks about this new version for about 2 weeks to see if there are any bugs reported and then will start the new development cycle.
So, you can expect this function to be implemented soon.

Thanks Balazs/CNCDrive, that's great to hear!

Quick question, is there a way to emulate an input (probe) with an assigned keypress for the purpose of developing routines? (ie, so I can test code in office instead of at the machine). I guess the other way is to bring UC100 to office machine, and connect a momentary switch to the probe pin.

Regards,
Eric Brust

ps
Rob, Thanks for the positive comment! :)
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby Robertspark » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:25 pm

In dont think that g31 or g28.1 works in demo mode.... or at least I cannot get movement which would be helpful when writing macros even if I was able to hit the space-bar say which would toggle the probe or home inputs, as like you, my motion controller is elsewhere

Rob
Robertspark

Postby cncdrive » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:55 pm

There is yet no way of emulating inputs yet (except the THC inputs which emulation was added in the latest release).
The probe in demo mode triggers like if the probe was activated right after the probing started, so somekind of testing is possible,
because the probing routine will execute. The same is with the homing, the homing will execute just like if the switch was immediately triggered after the routine started.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Robertspark » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:48 pm

Request bump

G31 2 axis for probing at an angle
Robertspark

Postby ger21 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:33 pm

Can you do a G68 before probing?
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Robertspark » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:34 pm

Tried it but it did not work when I tried it (some time ago)
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:51 pm

Bump.

Looked in the help of current development release 1.2104 and it appears we can still only probe one axis at a time.

Any chance of looking at this function again please to probe 2 axis at least, thanks.

{I've not tried G68 + probe recently but it did not work last time I tried it}
Robertspark

Next

Return to Feature Request