Conversational Wizards

Discuss the creation and usage of Wizards

Re: Conversational Wizards

Postby andrewbishop66 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi
If you mean like the ones like in mach 3

Then very much so I really miss things like thread milling, pocket milling, hole centre, hole pattern ect it not that I cant do these things anymore it just means I have to model them in fusion first which is a pain
Had even considered cutting and pasting to notebook out of mach 3 as I also had a newfangled wizard

If on the other hand, you mean something else then I don't know

Thanks Andrew
andrewbishop66

Postby bennyhines70 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:10 pm

I would like this option,I think it would make uccnc alot better. Easier and quicker to do basic operations.
bennyhines70

Postby alex_s » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:07 am

Aye the standard things would be nice like pocket, face off, hole pattern etc.
alex_s

Postby needleworks » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:49 am

For sure, I would certainly like to see wizards in UCCNC, it's one of the things I miss from using Mach3.
needleworks

Postby Dan911 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:24 pm

Hi Terry,
I messed with this a little sometime back when you explained the difference to me between wizards and plugins. I got most of the base work done and managed to write a simple create a circle wizard but than kinda got put on the back burner. It's a bit primitive now but I think it has the potential of a handy plugin. Would appreciate any suggestions on different direction or approach.

Has a text file in zip that has to be put in the plugin folder also, if your plugin folder isn't "C:\UCCNC\Plugins" that it won't work, I never got around to making an editable configure setup.

Wizard.zip

EDIT:
Forgot, you need to create a button and give it a labelnumber 6333
Dan911

Postby Dan911 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:14 pm

I intended to use the configure(plugin menu) window for setup such as for file path and buttonnumber choice and any other setup options that came along. I agree I would like to see a full page set also, what I originally was trying to achieve was something similar to Mach 3 wizards, click a button for menu of wizards and choose from there.

I also agree it would be nice to be able to just add a wizard without having to upgrade plugin. Have to give that some thought, I could call a macro with wizard choice but like you said it makes it somewhat limited.

BTW the silly wizard "create a circle" I used a int for diameter so if goes to decimals it won't work.

Fixed it here if any1 wants to check it out.

Wizard.2.zip
Dan911

Postby dezsoe » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:37 pm

Dan,

You can use this class to read/write ini files. It works fine for me. To access the Plugins folder without fixing "C:\UCCNC" (where I never had UCCNC :)) use this:

Code: Select all
IniFile myIni = new IniFile();
string myIniFile = Application.StartupPath + @"\Plugins\yourfilename.ini";
dezsoe

Postby Dan911 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:47 pm

dezsoe wrote:Dan,

You can use this class to read/write ini files. It works fine for me. To access the Plugins folder without fixing "C:\UCCNC" (where I never had UCCNC :)) use this:

Code: Select all
IniFile myIni = new IniFile();
string myIniFile = Application.StartupPath + @"\Plugins\yourfilename.ini";

That's great Dezsoe! Thankyou.
Dan911

Postby dezsoe » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:51 pm

What do I do wrong? I cannot (don't know) how to start your plugin. (I created c:\uccnc\plugins and copied the .txt file into it.)
dezsoe

Postby Dan911 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:57 pm

dezsoe wrote:What do I do wrong? I cannot (don't know) how to start your plugin. (I created c:\uccnc\plugins and copied the .txt file into it.)

You need to create a button 6333

The text file in folder like you described
Dan911

Next

Return to Conversational Wizards