Anyone using the UCR200 ?

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

Anyone using the UCR200 ?

Postby alex_s » Sat May 13, 2017 5:24 pm

Was wondering if anyone is using the CNCdrive pendant and what their experience is ;)

BR

Alex
alex_s

Re: Anyone using the UCR200 ?

Postby SFDeeJay » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:44 pm

Just received yesterday from StepCraft USA. Looks pretty, but won't WORK! Says USB drivers should install automatically, but no luck. I was hoping it would work w/ UCCNC (as opposed to Mach3, I purchased both but prefer the former), but when I run UCCNC, it comes up in demo mode. When I run Mach3, it isn't recognized as a USB device (because the driver won't install). CNCDrive website shows a link to an "installer", but the link is broken.
SFDeeJay

Postby Robertspark » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:46 pm

Uccnc in demo mode..... Do you have a uc motion controller and a uccnc licence?

If so should not be in demo mode when connected.

Even though I have two motion controllers and two licence files if I load uccnc without one of the motion controllers plugged in it will still load in demo mode. This is perfectly normal.

I do most programming in demo mode, only plug one of motion controllers in when I am doing/ testing g31 routines
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:54 pm

With uccnc there is a plugin which is prepackaged and installed at the same time as installing uccnc

The problem is you need to enable the plugin

Go to the configuration screen in uccnc and you will see a button which says plugins

Click on it and enable the plugin it will tell you you need to restart

It should work following the restart
Robertspark

Postby SFDeeJay » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Rob, thanks for responding, but there are certain points that do not make sense: First, I would never ask for support without a valid (installed) license. Second, my original install (UC100) was working fine, but I assumed I would have to remove the UC100 to enable the UCR200. I removed an earlier version (fairly recent) and after installing most recent version of UCCNC, the UCR200 was NOT listed as one of the USB install choices. As I see it, not necessarily correct, the DRIVERS must automatically install as a new USB device before anything will work. I have never been able to see the drivers install, no matter which USB port I used. No error messages, just does not recognize the UCR200. W/ regard to installing as a plugin, it must appear as one of the choices - lots of others, but not one for UCR200. Hopefully, this will point in another direction.
SFDeeJay

Postby Robertspark » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:24 pm

You don't need drivers for a usb device

All usb devices have a PID and a VID

You don't need to install the device just connect it, the plugin looks for the PID and vid
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:29 pm

I wasn't having a dig about licencing just that if uccnc is starting in demo mode it is not seeing your motion controller and the licence file.

The serial number is hard coded into the motion controller, so it doesn't matter if you have a valid licence or not to ask questions on here as uccnc will only work with uc motion controllers. It is not like mach3 and licences and and old motion controller device
Robertspark

Postby SFDeeJay » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:36 pm

Thanks again, Rob, and I did not consider the licensing issue a dig (but I have heard of people buying a clone and wondering why it would not work.
By the way, on no need for drivers, that is/was not true for the UC100, if drivers were not loaded it would not work.
I do find it odd, that when attempting to add as a plugin, the UCR200 is not listed as a choice at all.
SFDeeJay

Postby cncdrive » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:51 pm

Rob is correct that you do not need to install any USB drivers for the UCR200.
This is because the UCR200 using a HID (Human Interface Device) interface which is built into Windows.
So, you do not need to install any USB drivers for the UCCNC and also not for Mach3.
The UC100 is different, because it requires a higher speed communication, so it has it's own driver which has to be installed for the UC100 to work.

The UCR200 will run with even an unlicensed UCCNC and an unlicensed Mach3, but ofcourse the same limitations will apply which normally applies to the softwares when they are unlicensed.

For the UCR200 to work with the UCCNC you have to enable the UCR200 plugin and then Close and Open the UCCNC to let the plugin run. The UCR200 plugin installs with the UCCNC, no need to install anything else.
On the plugin page you can find different settings and also you can see if the UCR200 is connected.

For Mach3 you have to install the UCR200 plugin, you can do that with our UCx00 automatic installer: http://cncdrive.com/MC/UC100%20full%20a ... 0setup.exe
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:54 pm

SFDeeJay wrote: Second, my original install (UC100) was working fine, but I assumed I would have to remove the UC100 to enable the UCR200.

This is your problem.
The UC200 works in conjunction with the UC100. The UC100 is still controlling your machine.
Plug in both the UC100, and UC200, start UCCNC, then go to Config > Plugins, and enable the UC200 plugin.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Next

Return to Hardware