Random stops

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Re: Random stops

Postby cncdrive » Sat May 13, 2017 11:09 pm

Answering the kernel frequency issue in demo mode: I verified it now quickly and really the 200kHz and 400kHz settings seems to be not working in demo mode, both give a result as if 25kHz was selected. Will investigate and will correct this issue soon.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:37 pm

Log file attached.

One other quick question.

With the default screen, when you click the Save Settings button, it stays in the "down" state for a few seconds, presumably while the profile file is written.
But with my custom screen, it doesn't do this. Why is that?
Attachments
log.txt
(3.2 KiB) Downloaded 650 times
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Sat May 13, 2017 11:55 pm

Thank you. It is clear now that it is an API issue, because all motion commands were sent to the API by the software.
Since you saying the issue happens only after the Apply setting I think that probably it messes up a pointer to the buffer or something like that is happening, but my collegue will check that next week to see exactly why is it happening. I may need some more debugging help from you, hopefully we can get to it on Monday and then I will ask you if we will need help/test results.

Answering the question about the Apply settings: Are you using the same button with the save setting button ID? Or you using a macro call button and calling the apply setting button code from the macro?
If first case then it is the same as how it is done in the default screenset and then I do not see a reason ... if it is the second case then there may be a reason and I can check the code to see, but please first confirm how are you calling the Apply setting function.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Sun May 14, 2017 12:04 am

Yes, I can test whatever you need, but only in the evenings here.

I figured out the Save Settings issue. I didn't realize that it's a toggle button.
Gerry
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Sun May 14, 2017 12:13 am

Okey, thanks in advance.
The evening @ your time is not optimal unfortunately because of the 8-9 hours time shift between us, I mean it is already night here when it is noon at you,
but I will post the things to test in this thread when we will get there and when you will have time then you can read, test and answer.

OK about the Apply setting button, yes, it's toggle type button. :)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Sun May 14, 2017 11:30 am

Gerry, I've tried to reproduce this issue today on 2 more computers I have at home, but unfortunately non of them reproducing this issue.
I've asked my collegue today and he will also try reproducing this on his 2 computers and if he also cannot then I will ask my other collegue to try reproduce it on his computers.
So, so far it seems I will really need your help with this.

And one more thing I already wanted to ask you to check please, is if the issue is reproducable with more Demo modes?
I mean if it is reproducable with the UC100 and UC300USB and UC300ETH and UC400ETH also?
If you could check this for me this would further narrow down the problem for us, because then we will see if the problem is global, is a common code for the USB and ethernet controllers or if it is only for the ethernet ones.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ger21 » Sun May 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Yes, it does the same thing with UC100, UC300-5LPT, UC300ETH-5LPT, and UC400ETH.
I didn't try any others.

I did manage to reproduce it on my other PC, but much less frequently.

Most of the time I had FRO at 300%, but it does also happen at 100%.
But you might want to try with FRO at 300% and see if that makes a difference?
Gerry
ger21

Postby cncdrive » Sun May 14, 2017 1:35 pm

Thank you for the info.

I've just tried to run with 300% FRO, but it still not reproducing the issue here. :(
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby mphel » Sun May 14, 2017 3:18 pm

I have been able to reproduce this on my office computer connected to a UC100 and have just tried on my working machine, it still does the same on that computer. I've loaded the "raster drills" file from example codes and temporarily placed a "save settings" button on my run screen.
On first loading and running the file there are no issues at all, but if I press "save settings" and then hit cycle start the program runs correctly for a few lines but then seems to go completely off course. In the included video it circles up and back to near machine home then starts slowly returning to drill again after missing several holes.

Other files have the machine circling away from the cut path with the Z dropping continuously, which would have been quite nasty had I not been air cutting.. :)
If there's anything you guys need me to try, let me know.

https://goo.gl/photos/Prq6nUaNLUgcWXzLA

UC300ETH
UCCNC 2037
Mark
mphel

Postby ger21 » Sun May 14, 2017 3:46 pm

I wouldn't think so, but is there any chance that this is screenset related?
Possibly because I'm not using a toggle button for Save Settings?
Gerry
ger21

PreviousNext

Return to Report a bug