Laser Module

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Laser Module

Postby naijin » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:14 am

Hi there, just connected a diode laser to my home made cnc router, axbb-e controller all is good so far, are there any instruction or user manual for the uccnc laser plug in?, I have never had much to do with lasers, still struggling with the router
but slowly getting my head around it and the laser is a whole new kettle of fish, any info will be greatly appreciated ( preferably in lay man terms if possible) :roll: :?: :roll:
Nick
naijin

Re: Laser Module

Postby cncdrive » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:31 am

Hi Nick,

There is no manual for that plugin, but it is relatively simple to use it.
There is a help tab page in the plugin if I recall.
I think the trial and error is the best way to learn laser engraving, I mean you have to figure out the optimal feedrate and power and raster alignment for your device, so it sure takes some time and tryouts to get to the optimal results.
But I'm sure we have many experienced guys than me here who could hopefully give you some advices.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby thegreatwaldo » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:50 am

Hi Nick

Just out of interest what laser module did you use and where did you get it, and is it any good (so far)?

Cheers
Andrew
thegreatwaldo

Postby naijin » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:43 am

Hi Andrew, I bought a 6.5 watt diode laser module from Laserland Australia,can't tell you how it works as I haven't figured out the Post Processor to use, it lights up good and I managed to carve some straight line and cut some paper
just to try it out it seemed to work o.k, if and when I work out the post processor I will let you know more about it. :) :)
naijin

Postby thegreatwaldo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:10 pm

Hi Nick

Thanks very much.
Cheers
Andrew
thegreatwaldo

Postby Tweakie.CNC » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:47 am

Hi Guys,

The laser plugin is incredibly easy to use. As has already been said a little practice (trial and error) with setting laser power and feed-rate is all that is necessary to produce some stunning results.

Over the years I have used quite a few other softwares for laser image creation and so-far this UCCNC plugin has proved to be the easiest consistent with obtaining the best results.

I posted a couple of images of my results in this thread; viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2115

Tweakie.
Tweakie.CNC

Return to Ask a question from support here