XBox 360 plugin update

This is where you talk about Plugins. How they are made and how they work, show examples.

Re: XBox 360 plugin update

Postby eabrust » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:05 pm

Hi Sylvain,

unfortunately at the moment, I don't know what the issue might be or what to suggest for you. I've not had any installation that didn't work once the slimDX sdk was installed, and no reports from others either... I'll keep thinking.

regards,
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby sgenevay » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:02 pm

Just a question ..... i have deactivate the UCCNC xbox plug in .... shouldn't i let it enable ? nothing to deal about it i guess ?
and i guess there is no manual installation of this slimdx ?
Sylvain
sgenevay

Postby eabrust » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:13 pm

Sylvain,

Yes, I would disable the UCCNC xbox plugin when enabling mine, and vice versa. Don't want two plugins fighting over one piece of hardware. The two plugins are unrelated to each other with no dependance between them.

The last and only thing I can think to ask, are you checking both 'enable' and 'call on startup' in the plugin config of UCCNC, so it loads the plugin at the same time as UCCNC? Do not enable/show after load of UCCNC, it must load with UCCNC.

Other than that I'm really out of ideas at the moment. I don't know why you have so many 'xbox' items showing up in your device manager. My 'fake' wireless xbox controller with a separte dongle shows up like this in device manager (as one xbox controller device):
xbox_hardware.JPG
xbox_hardware.JPG (29.48 KiB) Viewed 13490 times

it is one of these 'easy SMX' cheapos from Amazon, from this post: http://www.forum.cncdrive.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=394&start=90#p13853

regards
Eric
CraftyCNC: Plugins for UCCNC (and other neat stuff): http://www.craftycnc.com/plugins-for-uccnc/
eabrust

Postby sgenevay » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:25 am

And the winner of the "Sylvain's Today Problem Show" is........... ERIC !!!!
well done.... i was starting it manually each time.... i didn't know i was supposed to load it automatically each time.
u can't imagine how happy i was reading "loop ok" down the window :D :D :D
ok i will test it today and i hope that will resolve my uccnc crashs each time the controller is disconnecting....
Thank you A LOT Eric :)
Oh by the way i will come back to you soon for the probing licence.
Sylvain
sgenevay

Postby eabrust » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:55 am

Glad to hear Sylvain!

Now since I couldn't even remember to ask that in my first response ( :oops: ), it is apparent I need to add some better instructions or a trouble shooting list to the plugin zip file and/or to the plugin itself when it throws an error.

Thanks for your patience and giving it a go!

regards
Eric
eabrust

Postby sgenevay » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:39 pm

I think adding that point to the install process could be great cause i would have do it if that was written (i double checked if that was written when u told it to me this morning). :) no patience you were really fast to help and thanks for that :) i was up to admit i had to stay with the crashing uccnc plugin. Cause for now (with no cnc plugged) this solution seems to work for me ... i unplugged and replugged the controller many times and still no crash (i will only have to check it while running a program) so u just saved my nerves and thanks a lot for that :))))
Best regards.
Sylvain
sgenevay

Postby xnaron » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:21 am

I am running the latest dev version of uccnc. Latest version win 10. I am unable to get the crafty xbox plugin to show up in the uccnc plugins. I put it in the c:\uccnc\plugins folder (the 2 xboxcontroller files as per readme) I put the slimdx dll in the uccnc directory. I tried the x64 one and the the x86. I also tried installing the slimdx sdk linked from your web page. I am not sure why I can't get it to show up in the uccnc plugin list. Any ideas?
xnaron

Postby Robertspark » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:13 pm

tried restarting W10?

W10 should be x64...
Robertspark

Postby xnaron » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:49 pm

Robertspark wrote:tried restarting W10?

W10 should be x64...

Yes with many different combos of copying the slimdx x64 bit into c:\uccnc with and without the slimdx sdk installed. I'm not sure what is special with my install that would prevent it from loading. Many many reboots :)
xnaron

Postby eabrust » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:04 pm

Hi xnaron,

I still don't have a good answer for your issue. The first problem is I haven't been able to replicate it myself, testing on 4-5 PCs I have with Win10 and Win7. All my PCs have just worked, worst case was needing to install the SlimDX sdk, and not just use the slimdx.dll that I package w/ the plugin.

Only a handful of people seem to have this issue, some people I've emailed back and forth with had basically two identical PC setups, and it would work on one and not the other.... so... it makes my brain hurt :lol:

What I think I know so far is it is related only to slimdx not being installed or found properly in windows, and isn't at all related to xbox controller or its drivers.

I'll keep trying to think of the cause, and or come up with some other update.

regards
Eric
eabrust

PreviousNext

Return to Plugins