2017 Screenset Update

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

2017 Screenset Update

Postby epracefan@gmail.com » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:14 pm

A question for ger21,

Do you have plans to update the 2017 Screenset to work with UCCNC 1.2111 (and later) versions? I've really enjoyed using 2017 and would hope to see it updated at some point, but if there are no plans for future development, I will need to start getting familiar with the new offering from CNCDrive.

Ed
epracefan@gmail.com

Re: 2017 Screenset Update

Postby ger21 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:36 pm

Yes.
I'm working on it, but they keep adding features with every new release. :)
It will NOT have the new probing features, but instead will have enhanced versions of the 2017 probing macros.
Actually, it's mostly finished except for the probing and jog flyout.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Spuds » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:14 pm

I'm glad this was asked. Good to know it will be available !
Thanks,
:)
Spuds

Postby SwissPatriotRG » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:38 am

Also interested. I'm running 2017 screenset on a little bit of a hack with the newest uccnc version right now. It's mostly working, the thing I had to add was the home back off value for each of the axis to keep it from triggering the soft hard limit when moving to the soft limit positions. The probe macros, however are really kinda janky. None of the corner probe macros move back to the start position after probing the first axis but before probing the other axis. And sometimes the machine just shoots off to the soft limit mid probe routine, even when activating the probe while it's rapiding. Those are pretty fun!
SwissPatriotRG

Postby ger21 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:07 pm

The probe macros, however are really kinda janky. None of the corner probe macros move back to the start position after probing the first axis but before probing the other axis. And sometimes the machine just shoots off to the soft limit mid probe routine, even when activating the probe while it's rapiding

What do you have for XY Clearance, Pullback Distance, and Corner Clearance?
I've never had anyone else report this issue to me.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Nealieboyee » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:47 pm

@ger21 Would it be better to wait for the latest screenset or purchase the 2017 version? Also, clicking on the paypal link doesn't take you to a payment page, just my paypal account. How do you normally take payment?

Cheers
Neal
Nealieboyee

Postby spumco » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:48 am

ger21 wrote:
The probe macros, however are really kinda janky. None of the corner probe macros move back to the start position after probing the first axis but before probing the other axis. And sometimes the machine just shoots off to the soft limit mid probe routine, even when activating the probe while it's rapiding

What do you have for XY Clearance, Pullback Distance, and Corner Clearance?
I've never had anyone else report this issue to me.

It's happened to me too with the 2017 screenset probing macros.

Random rapid moves in X or Y after 1st or 2nd probe touches. Z retract moves followed by a rapid down in to the stock. It's happened so many times I quit using the tool height macro - even after getting the updated macros. Good thing I have a stainless steel stylus that can telescope in to the plastic carrier when buried in a part...

I got tired of probing with my finger on the Estop and all the slack taken out of the switch.

I love - LOVE - the 2017 screenset look, buttons, and so forth. But the probing macros have hosed up so many times I've lost count. Managed to actually damage my Impact Tolerant Touch Probe when it rapided down in Z AND X after probing a circle ID. That cost me a few hundred bucks for new stylus and internal contacts from NZ. Glad I had steppers and not 750W servos at that point.

Maybe it's my setup or an incompatible plugin? Don't think so. The new OEM screenset probing macros are difficult to understand due to terminology variations, but probing has been rock solid. Not a single fubar in hundreds of probing cycles since the features were added a few revisions ago.

My fantasy would be a 2017 screenset, updated for new features. But using the OEM probing macros - and with some of the descriptions clarified. I'd pay (again) for that combo. Gerry has a good handle on control & layout and the 'look' is quite nice.

-Ralph
spumco

Postby andrewwong2000 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:44 pm

Hey Ralph

I customised my 2017screenset probing.. there are a few things that I had to modify in the default macros, and also
reading the macro really helps you to understand what is actually happening.

Also make sure you're using the very latest version.. the macros did change slightly.. and that did fix some weird things too.
andrewwong2000

Postby spumco » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:30 am

Thanks for the tip.

I updated the macros multiple times. Both when updates emails were sent, as well as when working directly with Gerry to sort out some of the issues.

I understand what the macros are doing - at least those cycles that I use. I was even able to modify them to automatically apply my probe tool length offset whenever I initiated a probe routine - not that that modification made any difference with the random crashes.
spumco

Postby Custom Creations » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:11 pm

ger21 wrote:I'm working on it, but they keep adding features with every new release. :)
It will NOT have the new probing features, but instead will have enhanced versions of the 2017 probing macros.
Actually, it's mostly finished except for the probing and jog flyout.

It has been some time since last post and was wondering if there is an update for the 2017 screenset to work with the latest version of UCCNC? I have 1.2111 and seems as if there aren't many screenset options :/
Custom Creations

Next

Return to Custom Screensets