AXBB-E No 10v Output on AO1 Help

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

AXBB-E No 10v Output on AO1 Help

Postby beartooth » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:53 am

First posting here, I now have everything working with my newly built 4'x8' CNC Router except I can't seem to get the 10v output from the AXBB controller.

I have a HY VFD and a 3.2kw water cooled spindle, I got the VFD configured just as it's been well documented by mactec54 and Gerry. I haven't yet connected my control wires to the VFD as I like to validate everything first.

I'm sure it's some setting but I followed a recent posting and set the PWM Spindle checkbox. PWM Min/Max Duty to 0% and 100% and spindle velocity Min/Max to 6000 - 24000. I have have M3 set to port 1 pin 2 and I'm getting the 24v like I should get with a M03 and the pin 2 output lights up. I have also pulled the jumper from the XBB to get the 10v analog output. But entering an MDI command of M03 S12000 I don't see any change from the output of the AO1 across the 5v0. All I have is minimal mV meter reading. I should also add I have an output trigger set for an output on LED 50 (Spindle CW) to turn on the cooling pump.

I've also checked the diagnostic page and it indicates 0 volts for AO1 when I issue the M03S12000 command.

What setting have I missed? Or am I measuring the wrong points?

Thanks,
Kim
beartooth

Re: AXBB-E No 10v Output on AO1 Help

Postby ger21 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:44 am

Did you assign PWM to Analog Channel 1 in UCCNC?
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby beartooth » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:52 pm

Ha Gerry,

Before my post topic got approved, I found a picture of that in the I/O Setup screen in the Hardware section posting. And Yes it is now set. The odd thing is I would only get 5v output, so I put the jumper back on and now I can get the full 10v! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I checked what was printed on the board and it says on==5v and off==10v. I bought one of the first ones when they had the special which included the software (probably like you did :) ), I also need to install the latest software as it is an older beta for the AXBB. Pretty excited. I'll get back on it this afternoon and update this posting. Been a lurker for a while and I hope to contribute so, I suppose I need to post a build log of my machine as all that I have left is the tool setting probe and then build the table top and install about 100' of T-track.

Thanks,
Kim
beartooth

Postby beartooth » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:38 am

Well, I got her running smooth as silk! I had 1 minor wiring mistake and had to adjust one VFD parameter a little different and a bit of a learning curve for me :) Thank you for your help!
beartooth

Return to Ask a question from support here