AXBB-E - VFD Wiring Help

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

Re: AXBB-E - VFD Wiring Help

Postby dazza0685 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:29 pm

Hi.

Thanks for your previous response.

Some updates, firstly I tested the VFD manually and yes it worked, I then checked the ports and realised this was not set correctly, As far as I can tell the settings are correct in the VFD also,

I can now get it up and running through UCCNC, however it did cause an issue with tripping the limits, but I have mostly solved this now,

The issue I am still having however is that I do not appear to be able to set the speed? When I turn the spindle on through UCCNC it just slowly ramps up to what seems to be full power, I do not seem to be able to control this,
We tried measuring the analog output, which was reading very very low, around 0.5mv I believe and did not change when settings were changed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

Darryl
dazza0685

Postby Robertspark » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:13 pm

can you take a photo of your wiring of the axbb and the vfd please.
Robertspark

Postby dazza0685 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:39 pm

Hi.

Im afraid I cannot for a couple of days at least, as I will possibly not be at the workshop over the weekend.

As for the wiring, As stated the controller is fully wired and working, controlling all motors and limits with homing etc working, The VFD is fully working, But I just cannot adjust the speed via UCCNC,

Thanks

Darryl
dazza0685

Postby ger21 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:25 pm

The VFD is fully working, But I just cannot adjust the speed via UCCNC,

Then it's not working....
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Robertspark » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:00 pm

ger21 wrote:
The VFD is fully working, But I just cannot adjust the speed via UCCNC,

Then it's not working....

:lol: :lol: :!:

I'm giving up slowly on this one.... I can only help so much... you do need to do some testing yourself and self diagnostics.... change the spindle speed in uccnc and see if the analog output changes.... if not your problem is in uccnc settings

if it does change your problem is with vfd settings....
Robertspark

Postby dazza0685 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:21 pm

Real helpful..

Not everyone is as knowledgable in this area, we all had to start to learn somewhere.... Sarcastic comments tell no one anything except what type of person you are to mock rather than help.

I was giving as much information as I have available to me, In my opinion, the VFD is fully working, its just not receiving the signals it requires to control the speed,

I am aware its likely to be in the settings, I was hoping for a few pointers from people who have been there before, I see I am asking too much.

Thanks for your help to this stage.

Darryl
dazza0685

Postby rewster » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:57 pm

Tough crowd. It’s difficult to find a ton of support for new products. Wish I could help. I’m dealing with my own gremlins in another thread, and I’m close to returning the controller and going another route.
rewster

Postby Robertspark » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:46 pm

look there is obviously something stopping it from working.

I can't see it....

I've given a few pointers....

time to get the voltmeter out to split the problem in half.... does the voltage change coming out of the UC motion controller???? if yes.... problem is vfd (settings).... in no.... problem is uccnc ( settings)...

it's not a tough crowd.... I have tried but without more info I'm struggling to guess....

there is also a time lag because of you being in the workshop or not.... it's frustrating because I want to help but only you are sat with the problem in front of you and only you can tell me what you've tried and tested....

without info (what have you tried what did it do or not I cannot help).... sorry I wasn't trying to be an arse
Robertspark

Postby ger21 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:35 am

With the VFD disconnected, measure the analog voltage between AO and 5VO on the AXBB, with the spindle on in UCCNC.
Before you do anything else, you need to make sure you get 10V at full speed, and 5V at 50% speed.

Is the spindle starting and stopping under UCCNC control?

On the VFD, what are your settings for C06.10 and C06.11 and C06.19?
C07.45?
C16.61?
C3.15?
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby dazza0685 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:21 am

Hi.

Thanks for the replies,

I completely understand, its is difficult as I cannot always be at the machine when I have time to be on here as I am working when at the workshop, The cnc is part of a new venture for me, I run a furniture manufacturing business so am trying to get the cnc up and running around that.

I also appreciate the responses as stated, I wish I could provide more info, but I really have scant understanding with electronics , this was not the plan to get into re wiring the machine, it just happened that way so am trying hard to understand it.

I will go in today and see if I can post information on it while I am there,
As for using a meter, I am new to that aswel so I will give it a go to get the readings needed. It feels to me we are very close to getting this solved, unfortunately as a newb, there are so many settings to look through on the VFD and software I was just looking for some help to narrow it down.

Appreciate any help given as always.

Darryl
dazza0685

PreviousNext

Return to Hardware