Probing screen

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Probing screen

Postby ejg3855 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:03 pm

The documentation on the probing screen isn't really helpful.

Does anyone have a good guide? I just want to probe z heights when I do tool changes on my Bridgeport. I am having a time with the sequences that the probing screen requires and when ever I press p1 it tries to go to z=100 and well I have 5in of travel so that's a no go.

I also can get to the point where I click reference probe as workpiece and click start prove and well nothing happens.

I feel like I am making this way to hard, someone enlighten me.

https://youtu.be/87yDjAoW-Tc
ejg3855

Re: Probing screen

Postby dezsoe » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:49 am

You have no values set for the probing, see picture. You need a negative value for the P1 that will be the distance to probe: G31 Z<P1>. You also need a fine distance: that is the distance from the first touch to the start of the second probe (the tool will retract this value). Also, you need to set the fine and fast feed which are the speed for the probes. Also check the probe input: if you touch the tool with your plate the upper status LED has to show probe active.

Képkivágás.PNG
dezsoe

Postby ejg3855 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:56 pm

I will give that a try, my probe does activate and I was using it as a simple Z height and manually entering the value.

I've been endlessly talking to my CNC guy at work so I am learning rapidly. The biggest difference is UCCNC vs Haas
ejg3855

Postby Morfeus80 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:10 pm

Hi, is it possible to save the settings for the probing? It looks like I have to enter them every time I open UCCNC...
Morfeus80

Postby dezsoe » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:38 am

If you have to enter everything again then you start UCCNC and select another profile which is a bad practice. Create a shortcut with a switch /p yourprofilename to start up with your profile or use the latest (1.2114) development version which restarts UCCNC if you change the current profile.
dezsoe

Postby Morfeus80 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:31 pm

Hi Dezsoe,
I was already executing UCCNC from the link calling my profile, but it was not working. I have tried many things and now the settings are correctly saved, I think the problem was that I had enabled the "Probing" plugin, but I had not checked the flag "Call Startup". Anyway now it's fine, thanks.

I have another question: from the manual I understand that in mobile probe mode, when I press "Reference current as workpiece" my tool tip has to be at Z=0. Is this correct or can the tool be at any Z above the zero plane to avoid collision with my workpiece?
Morfeus80

Postby dezsoe » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:54 pm

Hi,

There was something else, because the call startup checkbox does nothing in the probing plugin.

Set the gage height and turn on the Axis 1 count gage.
dezsoe

Postby Morfeus80 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:26 pm

Hi dezsoe,

I am a bit confused about this suggestion, because in the manual it's written that the Axis 1 Count Gage is disabled in mobile probe mode...
Sure it works?
Immagine.jpg
Morfeus80

Postby dezsoe » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:09 pm

That means that when the machine goes to the mobile probe position then it probes without any correction. It is irrelevant for you, because this probe will generate an offset that is used only internally. So, it will use the gage height only in the position where you press the Reference current button.

I'm sure, because I checked the source code before I replied. I wrote the probing plugin, but I can't remember every little detail. :)
dezsoe

Postby Morfeus80 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:01 pm

Thanks for the clarification! Now the procedure looks clear
Morfeus80

Next

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software