Kicked off CNCZONE

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: Kicked off CNCZONE

Postby A_Camera » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:45 am

Vmax549 wrote:IF anyone goes looking for me over at CNC ZONE I have been KICKED OFF teh site because I REFUSED to give them my phone number.

End of Story, (;-) TP

I think you misunderstood something. They don't have my phone number and never asked for it.
A_Camera

Postby Vmax549 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:22 pm

Really I was there and you were not . IF I log on today I would get a popup saying I have NOT entered teh require phone number and I have 30 days to correct it or else I get wiped from teh system.

Try changing your Password that was what triggered it here.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Dan911 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:04 am

A_Camera wrote:
Vmax549 wrote:IF anyone goes looking for me over at CNC ZONE I have been KICKED OFF teh site because I REFUSED to give them my phone number.

End of Story, (;-) TP

I think you misunderstood something. They don't have my phone number and never asked for it.

Hi AC... Many replies here and thanks for provoking the facts. I thought same as you until Derek"s post and that"s what seems to be what happened here.
Dan911

Postby Vmax549 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:48 pm

I don't think that was teh case as I do not post there often. My discussions are taken off site away from teh zone. ;) for privacy on subjects I discuss with a lot of people.

Try changing your password and tell me what happens. THat is IF you have not already given them your phone number.

Just a thought(;-) TP
Vmax549

Postby Dan911 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:20 pm

No I haven't, same as what a few here already posted. That's why I was FINALLY happy to read some of that facts that might of triggered it for you.
Dan911

Postby A_Camera » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:48 am

Vmax549 wrote:Try changing your Password that was what triggered it here.

I have just changed my password and nothing happened.
A_Camera

Postby Robertspark » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:11 pm

FWIW I changed mine yesterday and nothing was asked for.

I looked through the Settings >> My Account > General Settings page and did not see a box asking for a phone number either.

I visit periodically + don't post much there.

Just register under another user name.... us a disposable email address (eg: https://www.guerrillamail.com/ or others) and flip it to something usable if you want to later/ get another gmail etc one....

It doesn't matter where you get kicked off of there is no real way to stop anyone from re-registering under another pseudonym, I mean how much do we really know anyone who we meet / communicate is who they say or we think they are..... to coin someone else's phrase.... just a thought :lol:

To put the cat among the pigeons....

mountain out of a mole hill this one, not uccnc / cncdrive or even cnc related this discussion, just venting issues with another forum :roll: .
Robertspark

Postby Derek » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:12 am

I know that with Facebook i gave them my cell number to text a code to and since the name on the account didn't match the name on the phone I got moved to the next level of verification which was "take a clear picture of your face and upload it" I did a version of that which wasn't very clear. I never uploaded a picture to my account but you never know who has and tagged you. Well that failed and then my next option was to send them a picture of my drivers license or one of a bunch of different items like birth certificate or marriage license. I noped right out of there.

It's not so far fetched to believe that any site,like FB or the zone where your data is is sold that they will start implementing stricter verification procedures. Also for those that don't have the problems signing in Terry did who knows what the algorithm that picked him or me up was looking for. I don't know of many FB people but of the few that I do none have ever had to go through what I did.

Remember folks if it's free then you're the product.
Derek

Postby GaryLa » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:28 pm

I think a lot of these sites think "Let's see if they're stupid enough to give us personal information, after all, they give it Facebook and Google all day long."

The problem is -- nothing is free. If you don't pay for something, then it means you're the product. ;)
GaryLa

Previous

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software