AXBB-E in 6040 machine (or other controller?)

This Section is for users to discuss hardware

AXBB-E in 6040 machine (or other controller?)

Postby alkis01 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:24 pm

Hello cncdrive community.

I recently bough an unbranded 6040 cnc. This uses Mach3 (probably cracked version) and a USB controller BSMCE04U BITSENSOR.COM

I really don't like Mach3 and i want to replace it with UCCNC. From what i can tell UCCNC will not work with the 6040 controller and i also need to replace the controller.

Is the above correct?
Has anyone attempted to install the AXBB-E in the 6040, if so do i need additional hardware to make it work?

Kind regards
Alkis
alkis01

Re: AXBB-E in 6040 machine (or other controller?)

Postby cncdrive » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:01 am

If the 6040 controller has a USB connection then it will not work with anything else than with the cracked mach3 the chinese supply, unless if you rebuild the control system.
This is because the USB version of this machine uses a chinese motion controller and breakout board combo board and so to use it with any other software you will have to remove that card and replace it with something else, e.g. a LPT port breakout board and a motion controller or an AXBB-E motion controller and breakout board combo if you want to use the UCCNC software.

If you wanted to use the UCCNC without rebuilding the machine control box then you should have bought the LPT port version of the machine to which you could connect any of our motion controllers and use the UCCNC...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Return to Hardware