UCR201 USB wireless pendant

Post anything you want to discuss with others about the software.

Re: UCR201 USB wireless pendant

Postby PillyWilly » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:01 pm

dezsoe wrote:Thanks! That's why I asked. The HB04, UCR200 and UCR201 plugins have the same problem with the probe. But I still could not reproduce it and that's why we cannot fix it. :( I downloaded the Danish Win10 and will install it to test if the problem is related to the language.

I went the other Way around and installed the english language pack, with no difference. Perhaps I must install the English Windows from skratch.
PillyWilly

Postby dezsoe » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:13 pm

Now I have a fresh Win10 with only UCCNC, but still couldn't get the error. In fact, I can only enable the plugins, but now I'm away from the UCR201. Until I get home I'll write the debug outputs in the macros and I'll be back with the results.
Attachments
dwin.png
dezsoe

Postby PillyWilly » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:29 pm

dezsoe wrote:Now I have a fresh Win10 with only UCCNC, but still couldn't get the error. In fact, I can only enable the plugins, but now I'm away from the UCR201. Until I get home I'll write the debug outputs in the macros and I'll be back with the results.

Thanks a lot for putting all that work into it.

Both the PC´s I have tried also only had UCCNC on them.

Can the UB1 BoB have anything to do with this.?

Regards
Jan
PillyWilly

Postby dezsoe » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:59 pm

No, I think. There are 3 UC300ETH_5LPT and you with UC300ETH_UB1. There are too few people with this issue to see where you meet, but I don't give up. :)
dezsoe

Postby geotophe » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:40 am

Hello Everyone,

I red this thread with much interest as I have the exact same problem as PillyWilly.

France, W10 US, UCR201, UP Squared Celeron single board computer, UC100, Ger 2017 Screenset.

If I try using the auto-zero button on the pendant, I get 1 of the three scenarios described by PillyWilly, the most common being, slow motion to switch plate, retract, and full speed crash into sensor.

OK so now not touching the pendant auto zero button but keep it plugged in and using the screenset button to zero my tool and launch the machining. ---> I end up with a negative ~3mm differential between the "set" z 0 and the actual z position, after 10minutes of running my G code my tool was going through my machine bed. I cant say for sure if the 3mm differential is there from the moment I zero my tool or if it happens overtime while the program is running but I was cutting some ply in 2mm passes and by the sound of it it seems the first pass was much deeper than it should , so I suspect the differential is there from the start)... this being said and having those 2 issues I did no further investigation, I unplugged the pendant and everything went back to normal. The pendant is now collecting dust on a shelve since 4 months .... not the use I intended for it .... a fix would be very welcome :-)
geotophe

Postby geotophe » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:46 pm

After I wrote my first post I thought about something that happen to me and that might help with the issue.

On my setup I use a mini wireless keyboard with a touchpad to replace the mouse.
The situation I am about to describe is WITHOUT the the UCR201 plugged in.

As I said I use Ger's 2017 screenset on my setup and I use the simple autozero button to zero my Z axis by just clicking (tapping on my trackpad) on the button on the screen.
Now when you do that there is a bit of a delay between the moment you tap the button and the moment the machine is starting the down motion on Z.

A couple of times, resulting of bad finger reflex, I happen to tap a second time on the button during the initial delay "tap-start motion". This resulted in a faulty behavior, either Z start moving full speed and crashes into the sensor, either It behaves OK for the first part but comes crashing down after the retract.

Could it be related?

Could it be that the pendant, on button press is sending several requests in a row and/or that the software accepts them all (instead of accepting only one) and goes nuts?

Also the double tap thing on the onscreen button should be investigated ...

I hope this helps
geotophe

Postby ger21 » Wed May 01, 2019 10:47 pm

Dezsoe,
The previous two posts were moderated, and I don't think anyone saw them?
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby dezsoe » Wed May 01, 2019 11:21 pm

Thanks, Gerry! Yes, I didn't see them. It seems to be a good starting point. I'll check it.
dezsoe

Postby geotophe » Thu May 09, 2019 1:10 am

Anything new on the issue ?
I would like to use my UCR201 so bad .....
geotophe

Postby cncdrive » Thu May 09, 2019 1:19 am

No, we could not reproduce this issue at all, however 2 collegues tried to reproduce it for weeks... also we do not see any possible problems in the probing code and the MPG code in the software.
cncdrive
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion about the UCCNC software