parts with arcs grow

If you think you've found a bug post it here.

Re: parts with arcs grow

Postby Robertspark » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Can you post your gcode + profile for review?

What version of UCCNC are you running?
Robertspark

Postby cncdrive » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:53 pm

Rob,

There was never a problem like this with any versions of UCCNC, so we will probably get no further with knowing the version,
but you (OP) can post your profile file to let us check your settings. That contains the version number you using also BTW. :)
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby Robertspark » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:00 pm

I did wonder if the code had a G41/G42 in it, or if the post processor was accommodating for kerf or tool diameter.

What / how are you generating your gcode...... are you sure the co-ordinates align with the dimensions you are expecting.

Yes Balazs, I've never seen a report like this before, but no one seems to have asked the OP for his code / profile in 3 forum pages of back and forth, or to try to establish if what is being asked for is what is programmed into the gcode (I mean is it REALLY setup correctly in the gcode)?

Suggestion..... If you are reporting a bug you should submit your profile and example gcode automatically and maybe a drawing or sketch or cad file of whatever you're attempting to cut or do just so someone has ALL the information as far as possible to look at the problem
Robertspark

Postby balbs » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:55 pm

I am using sheetcam for gcode creation. If you can send me your email I will email you all the files, some sample gcode etc. I had Les (guy who made sheetcam) look over all my gcode files and such and he said it all looked good, including the compensation for the cutter which was done in the gcode itself and not with any kind of macro. I can check for g42/42. I am not famaliar with where the tool tables are in uccnc though.

I did do some messing around last night and noticed that its an even scale of the part. The steps per in were set over 30" using some precision 1 2 3 blocks and a 12" micrometer and the calculation lined up withing .01xx of the mathmatical calculation for that gear rack. I cut the part and noticed that its scaling the entire part evenly. I took the dxf into my CAD program and scaled it up to the length that its cutting the part and selected scale evenly. Well the x axis (width) which is much smaller (between 2 and 3 inches) scales up to match nearly exactly. I am going to try and scale the entire part down by this factor and see if I can get something accurate. If I can I will test with some other drawings and see if I can find a pattern.

Thanks again for the help!
balbs

Previous

Return to Report a bug