Anyone know if Neuron forum is dead ???

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Re: Anyone know if Neuron forum is dead ???

Postby kawarider » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:53 pm

Hello,
Does anyone have any documentation of the Neuron bob? It would be very helpfull for me.
Thanks
kawarider

Postby spumco » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:23 pm

Yep. I want to keep liking it, but i honestly couldnt recommend it for someone who wants/needs a plug and play thc.

Thats why we are going to try out a PriceCNC thc with UCCNC for a 5x10 build we be starting on shortly.
spumco

Postby Robertspark » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:57 pm

PriceCNC and Neuron Lite / Pro are not the same its like comparing apples and oranges both are fruit but they aren't the same.....

The Neuron is a stand alone THC the pricecnc AVC requires the uccnc to control THC + zaxis motion

below are the screenshots of the settings available within the Neuron LITE THC
A lot of these settings are not available within UCCNC.

I've not had a pricecnc THC to compare and comment upon, but it does strike me as Arduino type MCU based with a 16x2 LCD display and a setting pot and a couple of status LEDs all within a hammond aluminium enclosure... {I used one to house my PromaTHC on the side of my Powermax350)
https://uk.farnell.com/hammond/1457k160 ... dp/2763816
using an Atmel mcu I suspect the issue with be ADC resolution, ADC sample rate.
I know there is a point of view about high sample rates and high ADC resolutions not being worth the effort but if you sample more and more accurately you can then filter more and not be too fussed about loosing some samples or resolution. It also allows for some interesting filtering such as a kalman filtering algorithm that "may" {not had the opportunity to try it yet} allow for some degree of predictive estimation and also a meaningful assessment of what the actual standard deviation of the sample is so that variance within the standard deviation can be ignored
Attachments
2018-12-29 18_37_23-UCCNC software _ Running in demo mode....png
2018-12-29 18_37_59-UCCNC software _ Running in demo mode....png
2018-12-29 18_38_33-UCCNC software _ Running in demo mode....png
2018-12-29 18_39_05-UCCNC software _ Running in demo mode....png
Robertspark

Postby spumco » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:27 pm

Robert,

Missed your reply, thanks much. I've already installed one NeuronLite and the available settings are pretty spectacular. It's just that, as I've stated earlier, the Neuron user manual is seriously lacking UCCNC content and needs to be groomed for an English-speaking audience. Plus a few other hiccups led me to explore an alternate THC for the new build.

The first fiends/clients are (were) novices at CNC & plasma systems and were disinterested in a separate 'box' to have to adjust voltage and other settings on for cuts - so the Neuron seemed to fit the bill.

New client/friend already has a plasma table (really old & junky) and is a long-time CNC machinist. He's ok with a separate box - anything is a major upgrade from manually adjusting the torch and using prybars to keep warped plates down :)

Time will tell, of course. If the PriceCNC is rubbish or magical I'll be sure to report back for other UCCNC plasma users.

Regards,
Ralph
spumco

Postby shad » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:44 am

Hello!
Sorry for delay and for confusion in files in the Dropbox.
You can find all files in our Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t2avjika3wb0 ... zeZsa?dl=0
This folder consist UCCNC files and firmware files.
Please notice - firmware has two versions for LITE controllers - with serial numbers up to 306 and after 306. The difference in supported flash memory.
The controller firmware requires to use latest version of the plugin.
The latest version of the plugin has a new CutChart for cutting profiles. Now it is more convenient and contains a brief description of each value.
"GoToPosition" future was added for easy move torch to the service, home spot, part zero positions.
"Laser Pointer" future with settable XY offset and port&pin for laser pointer.
Also a lot improvements for user interface and cutting process.

Rob, please describe current situation. I will help you.
I am work now for English User Manual for Lite controller and UCCNC. It is not easy for me :cry:
Attachments
2019-01-09_114056.png
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
http://neuroncnc.com/
shad

Postby shad » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:56 am

Rob, marking center of the holes work via M405 macro.
You have to allow Marking mode in the plugin and in the gcode program place M405 macro - usually we make a drill operation in sheetcam and replace M4 to M405. UCCNC postprocessor for Sheetcam in the "UCCNC_ProNEST_Sheetcam_Posts_Rules" folder in the Dropbox.
This is a M405 macro
Code: Select all
//LED 63 THCon   Active when the THC on physical input is active.
//Led 494 - Marking Mode led.
int time = 0;   //timeout on THC ON signal
AS3.SetLED(true,494);   //send to controller to enable marking mode
exec.Wait(100);   //wait for set led and sending packet to Neuron
exec.Codesync("M3");   //start command issue
while(!AS3.GetLED(63))   //wait for THC ON signal from Neuron
{
   if(time > 200)   //wait
   {
      MessageBox.Show("Marking end Timeout Error!");
      exec.Stop();
      AS3.SetLED(false,494);
        return;
   }
   exec.Wait(100);
   time++;
}
AS3.SetLED(false,494);
exec.Codesync("M5");
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
shad

Postby shad » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:31 am

Keith, sorry, It was error in 405 macro for marking hole center (macro try to check incorrect LED instead LED#63 for ArcOK signal).
Issue looks like controller try to flame torch a lot time in same place.
Now solved.
Also "SkipPierce" button was added. In this case controller ignore Pierce Time value and after then main plasma arc generated (ArkOK), immediately send OkToMove signal to CNC for start motion.
It's allow to start cutting when torch under hole from previous unsuccessful start.
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
shad

Postby shad » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:39 am

Rob, In last plugin I am add ability to setup layer number for Neuron Plasma and Oxyfuel sublayers.
Plugin get this numbers from profile file in NeuronTHC section
[NeuronTHC]
OxySubLayer=56
PlasmaSubLayer=55

Just change sublayers number in UCCNC screen and change this numbers in profile file.
-- Andrew
UC400ETH
UC300ETH-5LPT
NEURON Lite THC
shad

Postby Robertspark » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:48 am

Andrew,

The plugin says "Neuron PROF THC 1.0017"

Is this the correct version for the Neuron LITE?

Will it work with both?
Robertspark

Postby Robertspark » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:58 am

shad wrote:Rob, In last plugin I am add ability to setup layer number for Neuron Plasma and Oxyfuel sublayers.
Plugin get this numbers from profile file in NeuronTHC section
[NeuronTHC]
OxySubLayer=56
PlasmaSubLayer=55

Just change sublayers number in UCCNC screen and change this numbers in profile file.

Andrew,

How would this work if layer 56 and layer 55 are already assigned within the screenset?
If I upgrade to newer UCCNC and modify the newer screenset to Neuron front screen?
Robertspark

PreviousNext

Return to CNC Plasma