ATC Support

Here is where you can request new features or special features.

ATC Support

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:29 pm

Was curious if you'll have ever giving any thought to general ATC support. If nothing else, just basic stuff like adding a slot number to the tool table? I realize every ATC is different, but a few other developers are starting to offer some ATC support now. Would help a lot for those of us who aren't code wizards. Or I should say Photoshop guru's, as for me, that is the hardest part. I can fumble through code and eventually get it right, but freakn photo editing kills me. Would be nice if the editing feature allowed us just to type in field labels instead of using pic overlays.
ThreeDJ16

Re: ATC Support

Postby cncdrive » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:54 pm

I think there is not really a thing like "general" ATC, because there are many different types and many of them require different control signals (Just check out Derek's ATC he posted on the forum, it is so complex), but ofcourse I understand that you looking for an example.
Please take a look into the M6 macro which installs with the UCCNC, it contains code for a simple linear ATC. That code could be used as a starting point.

Yes, we also thought about adding a string text option for buttons, I also think that it would be handy, but could not add it yet. There were always so many other important things to develop and to do. :(
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:11 pm

cncdrive wrote:I think there is not really a thing like "general" ATC, because there are many different types and many of them require different control signals (Just check out Derek's ATC he posted on the forum, it is so complex), but ofcourse I understand that you looking for an example.
Please take a look into the M6 macro which installs with the UCCNC, it contains code for a simple linear ATC. That code could be used as a starting point.

Yes, we also thought about adding a string text option for buttons, I also think that it would be handy, but could not add it yet. There were always so many other important things to develop and to do. :(

Oh I totally get that. Always something else needed here or there that is more important. I guess my request was more for just one extra column on the tool table. That alone would save a ton of time not having to develop my own screen set just for the table portion. Just figured that wouldn't be a hard add in for you'll.
ThreeDJ16

Postby dezsoe » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:48 pm

In the latest test versions there is a slot# field. I put on my list to modify the demo M6 to use slot#, but it needs the next test release, because in the current test release (1.2106) you can access the extended tool table only if it is saved into the profile.
dezsoe

Postby dezsoe » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:09 pm

Since 1.2102 there is a full tool table. What is missing?
dezsoe

Postby dezsoe » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:23 pm

I quote myself:

...it needs the next test release, because in the current test release (1.2106) you can access the extended tool table only if it is saved into the profile.
dezsoe

Postby ThreeDJ16 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:39 pm

Fantastic news. Well at least it's news to me as I haven't been using any of the test releases.
ThreeDJ16

Postby Battwell » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:19 pm

lets have it then :-)
i wrote a lot of code to make all this work right for my linear changer.
Uc300eth on router and mill.
UK uccnc powered machine sales. https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm
Automateanything/duzzit cnc/mercury cnc
Battwell

Postby Dennis CNC » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:50 pm

I would really like to see more tool changer code and support....
Dennis CNC

Postby cncdrive » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:10 pm

Toolchangers are fully supported, there is the M6 macro, you can modify that, it contains example code for linear toolchager.

cncdrive
Site Admin

Next

Return to Feature Request