Field 877 Active Modal States at Initilisation

If you have a question about the software please ask it here.

Field 877 Active Modal States at Initilisation

Postby Robertspark » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:29 pm

Where are the Active Modal States set at initialization?

In mach 3 there was a text box on the general configuration tab that allowed you to set the initilisation string?

Is there something similar in UCCNC {have I missed it?}

Like to set the active plane of movement at uccnc load please (mach3 had three radio buttons X-Y; Y-Z; X-Z on the general configuration tab)
Robertspark

Re: Field 877 Active Modal States at Initilisation

Postby Robertspark » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:31 pm

Thanks Terry , will do
Robertspark

Postby dezsoe » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:38 pm

There are many things that you cannot change in M99998, e.g. the active plane. I posted a macroloop which runs an exec.Code when the reset is first time turned off. In the sample there's an "F1000", but you can continue with "F1000 G18" or anything you have to set up.
dezsoe

Postby Robertspark » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:27 pm

I don't understand why you cannot set the default plane on the configuration tab, same as exact stop or constant velocity can be set as a default.

Why the resistance to set this up?
Robertspark

Postby cncdrive » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:14 pm

I think we talked about this on the forum a few years ago, that we do not feel this safe at all.
Several g-codes make motion and they require the reset to be removed.
In mach3 how it works is that when you remove the reset/e-stop then the initialization starts and if it contains motion code that will move the machine.
I think it is much more safe if the user writes these into the M99998 init macro and show at least a warning message about it if there will be motion.
The user have better control over what they feel safe and how they construct the macro than if there is an initialisation code which executes anyways.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:41 pm

That is incorrect. It works, but ofcoure first you have to remove the reset (calling the reset button release code in the macro). G-code ofcoure does not execute while the reset is on.

Ya know you cannot protect everyone from everything. Somewhere along teh line teh USER has to accept SOME responcibility for his own safety. ;)

Yes, I know, but we trying to do our best to give as much protection as possible for the inexperienced ones.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:35 pm

It works fine here.

Code: Select all
exec.Callbutton(513);
exec.Code("G18");
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:21 am

Yes, what I've coded is exactly what I sad to do.
I think that executing code with manually removing the reset is at least as dangerous if not more than this solution.
Another solution would be to make the macro to wait for the reset to happen, but I do not feel it safer at all.
There is also a 3rd way to not remove the reset just make the UCCNC think it is removed, but I don't want to post that solution as I don't want people to know about it and to let them use that solution.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:58 am

What I don't feel safe is a possible unexpected motion when the user removes the reset which is also not safe if the macro removes the reset.
But for a G18 there is no motion, so it does not really matters. But if you think it is unsafe then you can simply make the macro to wait for the reset to happen to execute the G28 or whatever else g-codes.
And yes, I understand that automatically removing the reset without doing anything else can be also a safety issue.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby cncdrive » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:08 pm

Terry,

I'm just saying that however the OP is responsible, but if the OP don't know if removing the reset will trigger a movement is kind of dangerous for both the machine and for the operator.
Ofcourse this is not an issue with a G18, because it causes no motion...
cncdrive
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ask a question from support here