Losing arc on lead out - motion stop

This is the place to talk about and share things related to CNC plasma machines using UCCNC

Losing arc on lead out - motion stop

Postby limited660 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:07 am

I've noticed if the slug drops in the middle of a lead out, I lose the arc and motion stops. As far as I know SheetCAM doesn't offer anything in post to insert before lead out to turn off the THC so how can I prevent this from happening?
limited660

Re: Losing arc on lead out - motion stop

Postby Robertspark » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:47 pm

you can add a snippet into sheetcam to turn off the thc at leadout.
something like this sort of a thing, with the rule set "on lead out"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gsNhcWF2lE
Robertspark

Postby beefy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:26 am

I use Sheetcam path rules to turn off THC 5mm before every leadout, for this very reason.

I have separate home and limit switches on my Z axis. Sometimes when the slug drops or the cut part tilts, the THC will try and lower the torch in response to the higher voltage, then the switches activate and stop the system.

With THC off at these points, the torch does not dive, but also if THC is off, a loss of arc does not stop motion.
beefy

Postby limited660 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:53 pm

That's great, thank you.
limited660

Postby Plasmicon » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:16 am

You could use Plasmicon PlasmaPost instead of SheetCam. It makes very good thc hold control, also it makes postprocessing on the fly. With it you can open DXF files right from UCCNC. It also support preview feature. This program was developed specially for plasma cutting, not like SheetCam where plasma is only one of the features. You can try it for free for up to 15days in full functional mode. Feel free to ask, if you have any questions.
There also UCCNCCutStart plugin wich will be helpful to continue cut after arc lost, or failure.
Plasmicon

Postby beefy » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:00 pm

Plasmicon wrote:You could use Plasmicon PlasmaPost instead of SheetCam. It makes very good thc hold control, also it makes postprocessing on the fly. With it you can open DXF files right from UCCNC. It also support preview feature. This program was developed specially for plasma cutting, not like SheetCam where plasma is only one of the features. You can try it for free for up to 15days in full functional mode. Feel free to ask, if you have any questions.
There also UCCNCCutStart plugin wich will be helpful to continue cut after arc lost, or failure.

Plasmicon,

may I suggest you start making some very detailed Youtube videos that clearly show what your software can do, that Sheetcam, UCCNC, etc can not do, or can not do very well. At the moment I'm having trouble finding enough benefits to justify paying a few hundred dollars for the software. I can do most of what I want with Sheetcam and UCCNC, and I consider myself a fairly advanced plasma cutting guy. For instance, UCCNC already has the capability to issue a THC hold signal with feedrate slowdown for instance. That is normally done in real time because speed is measured in real time, not calculated in advance. And a few of the things you say the software can do, I think Sheetcam can also do. This is why I think some good videos could help communicate the benefits your software brings.

I had a look at the user manuals but they were only 13 and 7 pages long, and seemed to mostly say what the software can do but not saying HOW a user goes about doing it all. Some good videos showing how your software is used, and how it beats Sheetcam, etc in various situations, will help get you some sales.
beefy

Postby Plasmicon » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:48 pm

You are right about videos, because brief description is not enough. We will make them in short future.
About benefits over sheetcam:
1) Sheetcam rules frequently work incorrect - so you can mhawe wrong feedrate in some parts of cut, wrong macros at wrong places and etc.
2) Sheetcam does not always follow cut order by default - it can cut outer part and then inner - bad feature;
3) Sheetcam cut order (if not use manual cut order) makes always mess from your plate. It does not consider sheet thermal bending, or your wish to preserve your stock from spoiling it.
4) It can not calculate events depending on time - like turn off arc at specified time before cut end to avoid melted hole appearance;
5) Posting in sheetcam is additional step you don't need at all - but if you wish, you still can use sheetcam to prepare trajectory files for PlasmaPost;
PlasmaPost can process files on the fly - you just open DXF right from UCCNC. So if you need to cut another thickness or another cut process you just close file, select another cut profile and open it again.
6) PlasmaPost has preview feature - it allow you to see what you are opening now before you open it;
7) FineHole feature - allows you to set table of hole diameter corrections and feedrate overrides depending on hole diameter you are going to cut;
8) It has sync feature with Neuron THC/ So plasma THC settings are syncronized automatically;
And lots of other plasma and gas specific features sheetcam has not.
Plasmicon

Postby Plasmicon » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:14 pm

It is nothing bad to write about software in the place where people, who may be interested in using this software, may see it.
If you will watch root message - it is about sheetcam. limited660 has problem with sheetcam - we have solution.
Beefy asked why he should prefer PlasmaPost to SheetCam. I was not bashing sheetcam - I was replying "why".
Plasmicon

Postby Robertspark » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:31 pm

Plasmicon wrote:... limited660 has problem with sheetcam....

not "has" .... "had" a problem.... back in July.....

You've attempted to use a number of old posts to advertise you product by claiming it solves all manor of issues that users have with sheetcam.

Sheetcam has been around a long time, and is used by a great deal of people (have a look at the plasmaspider site).

I understand that you are trying to advertise the benefits of your product but its bad form to try to tag it onto old posts. and also where someone is asking for help about a specific product and your response is ..... go and buy my product.

It is the same as every time someone asks a question here about UCCNC and someone gives a response of use Mach3, Mach4, Centroid, Planetcnc, etc because it does not have that issue and is better...

Either help by answering the question that was being asked or don't.

But don't attempt poor advertising by trying to sell your product as an alternative to answering the question.

I had a brief look at your product and whilst it looked nice there was no detail in it actually working any better. The few you tube clips that I saw although they looked nice did not provide any detail of what you were trying to show as an improvement. The price point of your product is VERY HIGH ($345) compared to sheetcam ($145), there are also a load of options to vary the cost from $195 to $345, and you also want another $98 for a UCCNC Cut Start plugin.

Whilst it may also be very good, without a market share (like sheetcam has) you will struggle in my opinion.

Also with the current sanctions against Russia I don't know if I'm even allowed to be buying anything from Russia.

Good luck with your product, I won't be buying until you have a market share of feedback and can demonstrate that your product is that much better to ditch sheetcam and use your product.

Try not to tag your product onto someones query in the future. (I've seen you've done this a few times now on the UCCNC forum and someone has removed the posts)
Robertspark

Postby Plasmicon » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:29 pm

Robertspark wrote:
Plasmicon wrote:... limited660 has problem with sheetcam....

not "has" .... "had" a problem.... back in July.....

You've attempted to use a number of old posts to advertise you product by claiming it solves all manor of issues that users have with sheetcam.

Sheetcam has been around a long time, and is used by a great deal of people (have a look at the plasmaspider site).

I understand that you are trying to advertise the benefits of your product but its bad form to try to tag it onto old posts. and also where someone is asking for help about a specific product and your response is ..... go and buy my product.

It is the same as every time someone asks a question here about UCCNC and someone gives a response of use Mach3, Mach4, Centroid, Planetcnc, etc because it does not have that issue and is better...

Either help by answering the question that was being asked or don't.

But don't attempt poor advertising by trying to sell your product as an alternative to answering the question.

I had a brief look at your product and whilst it looked nice there was no detail in it actually working any better. The few you tube clips that I saw although they looked nice did not provide any detail of what you were trying to show as an improvement. The price point of your product is VERY HIGH ($345) compared to sheetcam ($145), there are also a load of options to vary the cost from $195 to $345, and you also want another $98 for a UCCNC Cut Start plugin.

Whilst it may also be very good, without a market share (like sheetcam has) you will struggle in my opinion.

Also with the current sanctions against Russia I don't know if I'm even allowed to be buying anything from Russia.

Good luck with your product, I won't be buying until you have a market share of feedback and can demonstrate that your product is that much better to ditch sheetcam and use your product.

Try not to tag your product onto someones query in the future. (I've seen you've done this a few times now on the UCCNC forum and someone has removed the posts)

Here, in our country we make plasma CNC in middle cost segment. During production we had met moust of problems, people share here.
It was a big shame for us to explain customer, every time we sell CNC, that that issue is normal and can happen sometimes. Other time you can have that issue and that... and that.. and so on.
I would be glad if someone suggested solution, even if it cost's money. But there was no one. We always could use Pronest wich is much more expensive, or sheetcam which does not met our needs - awesome choise.
None of our customers asked to return money for new software - they are happy, that is the point. They use it for production cutting and save lot's of labour time.
UCCNCCutStart plugin is separate product, so it costs money. If you don't need it you don't buy it. It cost's money because it can save you time. So as PlasmaPost - it can increase cut quality and productivity, save your consumables, time and material. If it does not cost's money - you welcome.
You free to try - don't like it - don't buy.
Sanctions does not concern small companies in Russia - so it is not a big problem.
Last edited by Plasmicon on Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plasmicon

Next

Return to CNC Plasma