Partitioned Screenset File SSF.SSF

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

Partitioned Screenset File SSF.SSF

Postby Haik » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:15 am

I have 2 files of similar names for my (modified) screenset.
They are:
Thermwood.ssf [ 3,258 kb ]
Thermwood.ssf.ssf [ 275 kb ]

Changes I make only affect the "ssf.ssf" file.
What causes this split? Are there ways to avoid it? Should I care?... My inner SDE says I should. ;)
Haik

Re: Partitioned Screenset File SSF.SSF

Postby Robertspark » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:57 am

It is because when you are editing the screenset you have clicked on "Set file" and reselected the file with the same name, then saved the screenset which unfortunately is called SSF, so now your new file is called "Thermwood.SSF" which also has the extension "SSF"

Hence you now end up with a second file called Thermwood.SSF.SSF

easiest fix....

Open up the profile and edit the screenset name to just be Thermwood (without the ".SSF") which will open up the "full" screenset file.

When you created the "Thermwood.SSF.SSF" it was a cut down version and only included the screenset information for the motion controller + BOB of your choice when you clicked on the "save Screenset"
Attachments
123.png
123.png (8.24 KiB) Viewed 9595 times
1234.png
12345.png
Robertspark

Postby Haik » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:03 pm

Ahhh! I understand. I guess some added UX is needed to prevent spawning a new ssf.ssf file.
Thank you for the very helpful reply!

I checked documentation and forum, but didn't find an answer to this question... Other than copy/rename of an existing SSF and the incidental spawning of a new ssf.ssf is there a way to create a new (generated) SSF file?
Haik

Postby ger21 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:42 pm

Just copy an existing .ssf file, and rename it. Then enter the name in the profile, without the .ssf extension, as Robert has shown above.
You should not get a file with a duplicate .ssf extension. I never have.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Return to Custom Screensets