screenset help, what have I done? Ghosting other layers

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

screenset help, what have I done? Ghosting other layers

Postby Robertspark » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:40 pm

:oops: :oops: :lol:
Don't laugh, screenset help, what have I done? Ghosting other layers

:roll:

When I start the programme, that is the top image is the first screen that appears, when I press the run screenset tab button the correct image is shown without ghosting (the bottom image).

I did add (and now remove) some tabs I had on the Run screen (layer 2) and I think this is where I created my problem, the layer that is shown is I believe the auxilary encoder (layer 55) and also the general confuguration (layer 9)

Lesson number 223 for the day...

(I could start again and do another one in 1/2 the time, problem is I would not have found out what I did wrong)
Attachments
2017-10-20 20_29_47-Program Manager.png
2017-10-20 20_33_51-Program Manager.png
Robertspark

Re: screenset help, what have I done? Ghosting other layers

Postby cncdrive » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:12 pm

I think the easiest to figure it out is to look into the screenset file and find the entries of the tab layers.
Check the layernumber parameter and the parentnumber parameter.
The layernumber is the number of the layer and the parentnumber is the parent tab's layer number.
Checking these parameters you can figure the relations between the tab layers.

Just guessing that you might add more than one layers with the same layernumber.
Or maybe you have parts on a parent layer and also on it's child layer and these stuff overlapping.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Re: screenset help, what have I done? Ghosting other layers

Postby Robertspark » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:09 am

Figured out what the problem was.

I am using a plugin that was developed for the Neuron THC. The plugin was originally developed some time ago for an earlier version of the screenset, and what I've been doing is transposing the original screenset onto the new development plugin so that it has all the additional fields and buttons and settings etc available.

The plugin when UCCNC loaded called for layer 55 to also be loaded which displayed part of the screenset on the old version of the screenset, the one that I edited I had everything on layer 2 (the run layer) with one background combined background image.

The plugin however still called for layer 55 to be loaded at startup and layer 2,

layer 55 is now the encoder layer, hence there was this ghosting.

I also found out as Balazs said that if you have two layers defined the same in the screenset then you will also get this effect, until you make a selection of the layer you actually want.

Problem is all sorted now, plugin does not call layer 55 under startup.
Robertspark

Return to Custom Screensets