Screenset - *.ssf - common tab

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

Screenset - *.ssf - common tab

Postby Robertspark » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:16 pm

Is there any way that the *.ssf file could be edited / modified to call a single or common tab for say the run screen?

Lets say I have a common run screen that I wish to make available to all motion controllers / BoB variations.

I was wondering if there was an easy way to say call a common function / method which can be added to each motion controller + BoB variant so that a new common run screen can be provided to all motion controller + bob screens.

As UCCNC developes, it's clear that if I was to edit the current development screenset to create a common run screen, that in a few development releases, there may be additional features that are provided on the configuration screens that may not be available in my screenset.

Hence I was wondering if there was an easy way to call a common run tab for example which would allow for that to be undated in one simple go.

Hopefully you understand what I'm asking :roll: (think I've even confused myself at one point... :lol: )
Robertspark

Re: Screenset - *.ssf - common tab

Postby Robertspark » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:13 am

thinking about this....

Is there a way to say list a function within each of the screen BoB variants of the ssf file

Then within the function
add a tab, say number #100, and a parent layer (tab) of #1
Then list the unique images (additional to the default images, most of which I intend to reuse, just not the first (run) or second (toolpath) tab
Then list all the buttons + all the other screenset objects (referencing tab #100)

This would then mean that you would only need to remove tabs #2 & #3 from each screenset, and it would allow for alternative screensets to be able to be more easily updates as uccnc developes.

(providing you are happy with the default / common buttons on layer 1, otherwise you would need to copy the 6 buttons + 1 image [reset, stop, feedhold, single line, start, offline mode + cncdrive image] for how ever many tabs the motion controller + BoB variant screenset has and reference each button to the relavant layer / tab)
Robertspark

Return to Custom Screensets