My probing screen and macros

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

Re: My probing screen and macros

Postby dezsoe » Sat May 13, 2017 9:58 am

A_Camera wrote:Please disregard the above installation routine because I think there is an error in it somewhere. It seems that it is working, but if the screen editor is opened and then saved the results are that the screen items are multiplied, saved every time. I don't know if it supposed to be so or not, but it is not good. It also results in the field texts getting thicker and stronger every time this happens. So, until this is investigated don't use the above instructions, use the one on my blog.

No investigation needed: it is a normal behavior. The screen editor finds objects on the screen, so it saves to the screenset file. It cannot know, that some of those objects did not come from the screenset file. So, if you want to edit other screen objects, you have to disable the probe screen objects in the M99998, or if you want to edit their position than first move them to the screenset, edit, and move back to M99998.
(That is why I prefer writing plugins. Any time anything changing, you have to run after that. As you finish with your updates, a new thing comes. :) A lot of work, and it is version dependent.)
dezsoe

Postby A_Camera » Sat May 13, 2017 12:11 pm

dezsoe wrote:
A_Camera wrote:Please disregard the above installation routine because I think there is an error in it somewhere. It seems that it is working, but if the screen editor is opened and then saved the results are that the screen items are multiplied, saved every time. I don't know if it supposed to be so or not, but it is not good. It also results in the field texts getting thicker and stronger every time this happens. So, until this is investigated don't use the above instructions, use the one on my blog.

No investigation needed: it is a normal behavior. The screen editor finds objects on the screen, so it saves to the screenset file. It cannot know, that some of those objects did not come from the screenset file. So, if you want to edit other screen objects, you have to disable the probe screen objects in the M99998, or if you want to edit their position than first move them to the screenset, edit, and move back to M99998.
(That is why I prefer writing plugins. Any time anything changing, you have to run after that. As you finish with your updates, a new thing comes. :) A lot of work, and it is version dependent.)

Yes, I have noticed last night and came to the conclusion that it is normal, but it was too late for me... well over my bed time. :D

Anyway, I think I worked out a way to avoid the issue but not ready yet to go public with it. Tested it last night and it seemed to work fine. Maybe I will not care at all regarding the now available probe screen because the new version will be much better and more flexible to use, so maybe I'll just work on that one and leave the currently available as it is. Anyway, it was a good idea to create a new layer and keep CAM. Yes, a plugin has advantages but I prefer the integrated solution, so for now I will continue with that.
A_Camera

Postby merrick » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:20 am

Thank you for sharing the screen set and macros. I found them very helpful.
merrick

Postby A_Camera » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:46 am

Hi merrick,
Thank you. I appreciate your comments. I have a second version which is even better, I may share it some time later.
A_Camera

My new probing screen and macros - version 3

Postby A_Camera » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:42 pm

Finally, today I managed to release the new Probe screen. The files include a simpler installation procedure, as well as a modified RUN tab, which is optional, if you don't want it you don't need to install it. There is also a pdf document explaining how to install and use the Probe screen.

The new Probe tab looks like this:

The parametrised version is considerably more flexible to use but it needs to be set up by the user.

The additional screen is a support screen for probing from the RUN tab.

You can read more about it on my blog and also how to download it.

https://adapting-camera.blogspot.se/2017/10/my-uccnc-probe-screen-version-3_7.html

Good luck.
A_Camera

Postby Robertspark » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:08 pm

good work, looks nice
Robertspark

Postby cncdrive » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:10 pm

Thanks Josef!
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby A_Camera » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:57 am

Thank you Robert and Balázs.

The new version, apart from the obvious parameters and other improvements, gives back the CAM tab for those who use it, as well as it has a simpler (in my opinion) installation procedure and a nice manual (again, in my opinion) which explains well how it is working and how to install. Of course, it would be even easier if it was included in the UCCNC product, but even as an external module I think it improves the usability of UCCNC a lot. I know it saved a huge amount of time for me with the things I do on my machine, but of course, I don't know what others use their machines for. Anyway, this may not be the last version, I have some other feature plans as well, but this will do for now. Have also installed 100% according to the manual several times to test the manual and it seems that if the installation procedure is followed then it works, but if a mistake is made during the installation then it won't work, so it is important that those who install it also read the manual and follow it. I hope the English is understandable, if not then I could rewrite in Swedish if that helps... :lol:
A_Camera

Postby A_Camera » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:43 pm

If anyone is using this feature, please download again and replace the M20040.txt macro with the new one. I have just detected a bug, which may result in that your probe will be crashed into the work piece if you are probing the outer centre of an object, using the "X, Y Outer Center" button. I don't think many people use that button, but be aware of the problem.

What happens is that after probing in Y direction the probe is Y centred and moved towards negative X but the movement is only half the distance of the Probing size value when the probe is lowered. This is now corrected in the new macro.

Sorry.
A_Camera

Postby rdheiliger » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:04 am

I just installed the MyScreenProbe today and found that the Z axes probing worked fine. But all the others ended with the error that the probe was active. Looking thru the macro code for the z axes zero and the others, one thing popped, the exec.Wait(10); is in all macros except for the z axes, which has exec.Wait(200). I changed all the wait commands from 10 to 200 in all of the other macros and now they all work.

I am running on a tablet that has a processor speed a little slower than the minimum required for uccnc. Thinking that the short wait times are are requesting updates too fast and crashing the subroutine, and the default error is probe was active.
rdheiliger

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Screensets