Step distance --> additional textfield on front page

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

Step distance --> additional textfield on front page

Postby Gebbi » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:41 pm

Hi,

i would like to modify my front page by adding a textfield showing the "Step dist." in the upper right corner. (I know this information is shown in the "jog panel" but I would like it to be displayed all the time)
It worked well with the "jog feed" (labelno. 913) but with the Step distance (labelno. 2027) I didn´t have success so far.

Any idea how I can get this running?
I´m using version 1.2113

Thanks
Best regards, Gebbi
Gebbi

Re: Step distance --> additional textfield on front page

Postby 2046 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:41 pm

hi

once you have anything available and working which you have.. go to configuration > appearance > edit screen. Shift click on the tab where the item is, select the item, find the "copy" in the popup, copy the item, set and change layer number to where you want it. Move the item to the place you wanted to be either by mouse or arrows. Do not forget to save the change in the popup window [file]. Save screenset.

that is all there is to it.

Postby Gebbi » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:13 pm

Hi 2046,

thanks for your reply.

I already tried that but so far I couldn´t get anything out of the "jog panel" window.
When I move the selected item out of the jog panel area it disapears somewhere in the background.
When I cahge the layer no. of this item it has no effect.

Best regards, Gebbi
Gebbi

Postby 2046 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:33 pm

..sure you cannot move anything out of a layer to layer with mouse although the jog layer looks like it could be possible.
You have not read what I wrote carefully enough. You need to move ("change" is more precise) the bit to a new layer first in the popup menu and then reposition it with mouse.. you skipped the layer part ..
follow what I wrote.
There is a youtube video about how to add a button where all this is visible quite clear, although the explanation is bit nerdy (no mouse involved) :)

Postby Greolt » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:35 am

I am going by memory. It is a long time since I did this.

I think you need to reassign the picture number. The assignment for the jog panel does not work.

Picture assignments for jog screen are on a separate list.

Again it has been a while and I might mis remember.
Greolt

Postby Gebbi » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:10 pm

@ 2046: I tried that, even when I take the original "step-dist."-text field and change the layer no. (e.g. 4) and apply+save the screenset and save the settings, after re-start of UCCNC it disappeared in the "jog panel" and it is not vissible in "layer 4"

@ Greolt: Thanks. I successfully got the 3 MPG-icons out of the "jog panel"; there I noticed that the picture numbers are different in jog panel. Since the "step dist." is a simple text field there is no pictures no.
Gebbi

Postby Gebbi » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:14 pm

Greolt wrote:I am going by memory. It is a long time since I did this.

I think you need to reassign the picture number. The assignment for the jog panel does not work.

Picture assignments for jog screen are on a separate list.

Again it has been a while and I might mis remember.

Greolt,
I think I found your post from 2017 where you have solved this with some LEDs. Do you know where I can find out the correct LED numbers? (e.g. LED numbers for the 3 MPG buttons are 152,153,154 whereas the corresponing button numbers are 226,227,228)
Thanks
Gebbi

Postby Gebbi » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:05 pm

So in the meantime I found the list with the LED numbers (--> Documentation folder) :)

When I saw Greolt´s solution from 2017 I decided to go that way, too:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=743&start=10#p5834
Gebbi

Return to Custom Screensets