screenset image editing

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

screenset image editing

Postby Robertspark » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:37 am

Hello,

I see that the screenset images are *.PNG indexed, anyone got any easy suggestions for image editing to swap colours.

(war of the screensets.... I like the images, just prefer different colours [black & green])

Don't want to attempt to reinvent the wheel, hence thought I'd ask what others may be using for image software.

Thanks, Rob
Robertspark

Re: screenset image editing

Postby ger21 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:20 pm

I use Photoshop, but Gimp is a free alternative.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby CT63 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:26 pm

I use paint.net... free. Would love to use Photoshop but it's out of my price range.
CT63

Postby ger21 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:53 pm

With Adobe's new subscription plans, it's $10/month.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby Robertspark » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:19 pm

Thanks very much ..... started editing them this evening.... wow.... think I'll just stick with the default screensets (until Gerry comes out with one [customers lining up!])

To be fair other than personal visual taste there is not anything I can see as not there.

Rob
Robertspark

Postby CT63 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:05 pm

The built in screen editor is a little challenging to use at first but easy to get the hang of. I'm all for simple screensets. The flashscreen folder has blank backgrounds that I used to build a new 3 axis "Run" screen and then a X/Y probing screen. Did the design work using Paint.net. My only comment to CNCdrive is the supplied screenset is overly cluttered.

CT63 Screenset1.jpg
CT63 Screenset1.jpg (76.54 KiB) Viewed 27639 times
CT63

Postby thegreatwaldo » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:56 am

CT63 wrote:The built in screen editor is a little challenging to use at first but easy to get the hang of. I'm all for simple screensets. The flashscreen folder has blank backgrounds that I used to build a new 3 axis "Run" screen and then a X/Y probing screen. Did the design work using Paint.net. My only comment to CNCdrive is the supplied screenset is overly cluttered.

CT63 Screenset1.jpg

Hi CT63

That screen looks great. Would it be possible to have a copy of it ? If not no problem. I have just started working through the screen editor trying to do a screen myself your machine coord box looks good. It's a bit of a trek sifting through the background files. I'm much better with wood than software.

Cheers

Andrew
thegreatwaldo

Postby CT63 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:32 pm

That screen looks great. Would it be possible to have a copy of it ? If not no problem. I have just started working through the screen editor trying to do a screen myself your machine coord box looks good. It's a bit of a trek sifting through the background files. I'm much better with wood than software.

Cheers

==============================

PM sent
CT63

Postby thegreatwaldo » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:23 pm

CT63 wrote:The built in screen editor is a little challenging to use at first but easy to get the hang of. I'm all for simple screensets. The flashscreen folder has blank backgrounds that I used to build a new 3 axis "Run" screen and then a X/Y probing screen. Did the design work using Paint.net. My only comment to CNCdrive is the supplied screenset is overly cluttered.

CT63 Screenset1.jpg

Hi George

I sent you a pm with my email, please let me know if it does not reach you.
Cheers

Andrew
thegreatwaldo

Return to Custom Screensets