2017 Screenset released

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

Re: 2017 Screenset released

Postby cncdrive » Wed May 24, 2017 10:13 pm

Building a generic GUI for a CNC controller is basicly a chain of compromises.
Some people find one thing very important while some others find the same thing useless, so it is impossible for us to meet everybody's and all expectations with a single GUI screen, but we trying to do the compromising with the best of our knowledge.

I personally do not think that the DTG is useless, but I understand if some people do.
I also don't think that those small DROs are too distracting, but again I understand if some people do.

We've tried to compromise with making those DROs small, but for those who need it it is at least available.

If you find them useless for your use then you can still enter the screen editor and select the DROs and press the delete key to remove them which probably takes about a minute to do.

And I also like the idea to create some sub tab pages for different DROs and I thought about this already, so if things will be getting overcomplicated on the GUI then we will also probably move that root.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Postby extent » Wed May 24, 2017 11:25 pm

Isn't this basically like Machine Coords toggle that we already have UI for that everyone is happy with? It just needs to be a 3 way toggle on the main DRO instead of 2 way, doesn't need to complicate anything.
extent

Postby Guenter_Schmied » Wed May 24, 2017 11:55 pm

Hi cncdrive,

you are telling me we can from the screeneditor delete the DTG from the DRO, and
get back to the normal DRO from previous versions ?
This is a good point !

Thank you for all the answers, and keep doing a great job !

Regards
Guenther

(We deleted in the past B and C axis, of course, because we did not have this axis.
And gained space to place some small buttons. for repetitive macros.
But we prefer a clean style of the original UCCNC. so we did only 3 small buttons
and use more macros from the remote wireless pendant.)
Guenter_Schmied

Postby cncdrive » Thu May 25, 2017 12:05 am

Thank you. :)
Yes, you may delete the DTG DROs, it will not cause any problems.
You may also delete the scaling DROs if you do not need them and the software will still work without problems.
The only downside I see is if you delete the scaling DROs then if the user executes a G51 with some other than 1 scale value,
then the toolpath will get scaled even without the DROs on the screen and the user will not notice it without the DRO showing it.
I mean the user may still notice it in the Active g-codes list, but it is not as easy to catch that as it is with the red colored scaling DROs when scaling is active.
cncdrive
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Custom Screensets