UCCNC Screen Editor Web App

If you created a new screenset and want to share it with others then please post it here. You can talk about screens here.

Re: UCCNC Screen Editor Web App

Postby ger21 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:23 pm

Oh, I didn't see that, and everything else seems to work in Firefox, except loading a screen.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby zerodivide » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:36 am

Yeah it's such a new functionality in chrome, nobody else seems to support it. But I really need that in order to load and save images directly from your computer.
zerodivide

Postby A_Camera » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:31 pm

ger21 wrote:I get this error when trying to load a screenset. The default screensets load fine.

Capture.JPG

It's because of Firefox. I get the same error, but it works in Edge, though not with my screens, because I have images in different folders.
A_Camera

Postby zerodivide » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:06 pm

A_Camera wrote:
ger21 wrote:I get this error when trying to load a screenset. The default screensets load fine.

Capture.JPG

It's because of Firefox. I get the same error, but it works in Edge, though not with my screens, because I have images in different folders.

What do you mean by "because I have images in different folders"?
Do you have images for the same controller scattered in more than one folder?
zerodivide

Postby A_Camera » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:02 am

zerodivide wrote:
A_Camera wrote:

Capture.JPG

What do you mean by "because I have images in different folders"?
Do you have images for the same controller scattered in more than one folder?

Not "scattered" but "structured". It's a different thing. Yes, I have my own elements in different folders. It is better structured that way and is easier to add, modify or find elements. The folder structure of UCCNC is not that optimal in my opinion. Placing everything in one single folder is like having every document in a folder called "Documents" in a computer. That's like 40 years old structure... :D OK if you only have a few documents, but when you have hundreds you start to have problems of finding things, when you have thousands then the task becomes impossible. I think UCCNC is borderline difficult when it comes to the graphic structure. There are over 380 objects in the BMP folder, totally without structure. I have about 40 of my own and changed several of the original, I don't want to add more into that "black hole" folder called BMP.

But we are all different... I have a software developer / engineer background, work in aviation related business since 25 years with safety critical stuff and similar, so I prefer hard structure, documentation and so on. Perhaps there is a good reason why UCCNC went this way, but I think it was a mistake when it comes to ease of maintainability.
A_Camera

Postby dezsoe » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:20 pm

It has one folder per screenset type (old and new screenset). How could it be better? There are many pictures that are shared by devices, so you cannot divide them, I think.

However, I also store my modified and own pictures in another folder, so I can simply know if a picture is stock or mine.

Maybe, the webapp could load the screenset file first and then ask for the picture folders depending on what the ssf wants to load.
dezsoe

Postby ger21 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:45 pm

I use subfolders for different categories:
Buttons
Tabs
LEDs

My screen has a LOT of images.
Gerry
UCCNC 2022 Screenset - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2022.html
ger21

Postby dezsoe » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:55 pm

That's a good idea! :)
dezsoe

Postby zerodivide » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:07 am

ger21 wrote:I use subfolders for different categories:
Buttons
Tabs
LEDs

My screen has a LOT of images.

Alright. Even though I (and i expect most people) don't need it, this challenge poked my interest so I went ahead and re-wrote most of the file resolving piece...
Now image files can be located anywhere within the Flashscreen directory or its sub-folders.

Also had to quickly whip together a small dialog from scratch to select the file:

When loading a screenset, you now should select the Flashscreen directory. Files now will be resolved relative to it.

Anyone who has an unsaved session, can resume it, save the screenset and then re-load it again but this time selecting the Flashscreen directory instead of the BMP/Subfolder

Please take it for a spin and let me know.
zerodivide

Postby X3msnake » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:57 pm

Any chance you share the sourcecode of your tool on a git repo?
Would allow for better issues management and community contributions to your code
X3msnake

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Screensets